8 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 6:36 PM by Billy~Verreynne RSS

World wide Oracle databases (largest,busy,complex)

user12050217
      I just want to know :

1.World's largest Oracle database in size.
      2.World's most busy Oracle database in user connections per second/nano second.
      3.World's most complex configured Oracle db having all features configured (which Oracle has provided till now) i.e.

100 DBAs and one db !

- One DBA is doing export, another is doing import
      - One is looking into wait & latch
      - One is adding ASM disk
      - Someone is looking why there is gap in log shipping on standby db.
      - Couple of persons are busy on SQL tuning
      - One is doing trace 10053
      - One is looking why RAC node <n> have issue
      - Audit Vault, FGA
      - 100th DBA Statspack, AWR

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: World wide Oracle databases (largest,busy,complex)
          sb92075
          it appears you have way too much idle time & are given to flights of fantasy.
          • 2. Re: World wide Oracle databases (largest,busy,complex)
            user12050217
            Sorry, I am not getting ???
            • 3. Re: World wide Oracle databases (largest,busy,complex)
              mbobak
              Try this:
              http://bit.ly/KsBGfH

-Mark
              • 4. Re: World wide Oracle databases (largest,busy,complex)
                Aman....
                user12050217 wrote:
                I just want to know :

3.World's most complex configured Oracle db having all features configured (which Oracle has provided till now) i.e.

100 DBAs and one db !

- One DBA is doing export, another is doing import
                - One is looking into wait & latch
                - One is adding ASM disk
                - Someone is looking why there is gap in log shipping on standby db.
                - Couple of persons are busy on SQL tuning
                - One is doing trace 10053
                - One is looking why RAC node <n> have issue
                - Audit Vault, FGA
                - 100th DBA Statspack, AWR

Thank you.
                I have read the post twice but I am not sure that I still did understand that what's your question actually is?

Aman....
                • 5. Re: World wide Oracle databases (largest,busy,complex)
                  jgarry
                  I can't see that actually answers the question. It just shows that if you google it, you get a bunch of out of date or irrelevant answers. Though I certainly share the googly sentiment :p
                  • 6. Re: World wide Oracle databases (largest,busy,complex)
                    jgarry
                    [url http://www.dbms2.com/2011/09/15/database-architecture-salesforce-com-force-com-and-database/]This guy says one of Oracle's competitors has the largest instance (what?) of Oracle in the world. I think he must be wrong. The problem is, when you get into very large databases, people start doing some strange things to work around database limitations, so you wind up with part of the database in some special kind of db engine and part in Oracle. Some large sites may not want it known what they do and use.
                    • 7. Re: World wide Oracle databases (largest,busy,complex)
                      Girish Sharma
                      Aman,

I am not sure just guessing that OP thinks that World's largest/busiest/complex DB's DBA is/are also member of this forum, so probably someone will reply :
                      - I am working on world's largest db i.e. N Tb... OTNUser<N>
                      - I am member of world's most busy db's DBA team... OTNUser<N>
                      - I am DBA for the world's most complex configured db... OTNUser<N>

Ok, anyway, if there is any user(s) comes here, what OP will get, thats the really a great question though !

Any gift to them from his side ?

Regards
                      Girish Sharma
                      • 8. Re: World wide Oracle databases (largest,busy,complex)
                        Billy~Verreynne
                        user12050217 wrote:
                        I just want to know :
                        Silly season that side of the world?
                        It is not the size of the database that makes it large. You can have a 100TB database with a billions of images - where access is via primary key to a single specific image at a time. Despite the 100TB size, this database is basically a mickey mouse type system as far as databases go. Nothing large ito transactions or data process about it.

BTW - this is exactly what Microsoft did in the 90's by claiming one of the first 1TB databases on the net running SQL-Server. It served satellite images. Which meant a few million rows in that 1TB and not few 100 million (like we had in an Oracle data warehouse a fraction that size and significantly "larger" at that time).
                        I once showed J2EE developers that they could create a 1000+ Java sessions to an Oracle database running on a desktop PC.

Number of connections prove nothing.
                        3.World's most complex configured Oracle db having all features configured (which Oracle has provided till now)
                        Oracle is not complex - except for those who are ignorant about client-server architecture, relational database concepts and Oracle fundamentals.