1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 3:54 PM by Sheshi Sankineni RSS

About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)

Nicolas.Gasparotto
      Hello,

I have a couple of questions and remarks regarding the template told in subject.

1) The database server :
      1.1) I've never notice on previous templates version, but users psadm1, psadm2 and psadm3 exist there despite there's no Peoplesoft installation. Any reason ? Within this template, it's even documented about the psadm3 user described as "account owner of the PS_APP_HOME". What for ?
      1.2) Database is Oracle 11.1.0.7 whereas the client seems to be 11.2.0.2.

2) The App/Batch/PIA server :
      <s>2.1) When starting the VM, it is prompting for something new to me, and not documented (unless I miss it somewhere). It is prompting to configure the VM for Demo purpose or not. What's the difference ? I thought that was only for Demo purpose, is it not ? What's the intend to one or the other reponse ?</s><br>
      Addendum 02-MAY : please see post below
      <s>2.2) Since I wanted that VM for Demo only, I replied to the previous by "y" (means for Demo only). Then I'm again prompted for something else new from me, and again not documented or I really missed the proper documentation. Now that's for decoupling Application home. It looked obvious to me, as far as I understand, that's for PS_APP_HOME and PS_HOME. I replied to that "n" (all in the same folder). Is that right ?</s><br>
      Addendum 02-MAY : please see post below
      2.3) Then I'm prompted if I want this server being an AppServer, question expected, but just after, I'm prompt for a database server user as well as the password. What user is it looking for here ? Where's the documentation explaining this ?
      2.4) To be able to continue I must reply to the next question that I'm happy with the replies I gave earlier despite I'm not really. Here I'm quite surprise, it never ever ask me for the DHCP configuration (shoud be not), IP address, Gateway... and I can assure that I was in the console straight away after starting the VM. Needless to say that all the following actions fail dramatically.
      The Apps does not start :
      $ more APPSRV_0501.LOG
      PSADMIN.2313 (0) [05/01/12 12:24:57](0) Begin boot attempt on domain APPDOM
      PSAPPSRV.2365 (0) [05/01/12 12:25:13](0) PeopleTools Release 8.52.03 (Linux) starting. Tuxedo server is APPSRV(99)/1
      PSAPPSRV.2365 (0) [05/01/12 12:25:13](0) Cache Directory being used: /home/psadm2/psft/pt/8.52/appserv/APPDOM/CACHE/PSAPPSRV_1/
      PSAPPSRV.2365 (0) [05/01/12 12:25:14](1) GenMessageBox(0, 0, M): Database Signon: Invalid user ID or password for database signon. (id=oracle)
      PSAPPSRV.2365 (0) [05/01/12 12:25:14](0) Server failed to start
      PSADMIN.2313 (0) [05/01/12 12:25:21](0) End boot attempt on domain APPDOM
      => Does this mean that "oracle" here above is the "database server user" that the VM template deployment was looking for earlier at step 2.3 ?
      The Prcs ddoes not start better.
      In fact, according to the configuration file, the given user at step 2.3 is really the Peoplesoft user used to start Apps and Prcs :
      [Startup]
      ;=========================================================================
      ; Database Signon settings
      ;=========================================================================
      DBName=F91TMPLT
      DBType=ORACLE
      UserId=oracle
      UserPswd=oracle
      ConnectId=people
      ConnectPswd=peop1e
      Since I wanted a FSCM Demo database, should it not be VP1 ? I should not do anything, moreover, asking for "the user for the database server" does not mean an application user...

2.5) Following the all configuration, the Oracle VM Manager was even not able to reconnect onto the VM anymore...

2.6) Here's the logfile content if this is out of interest, /var/log/oraclevm-template.log
      $ more oraclevm-template.log
      [LOG]  May 01 12:23:52 oraclevm-template: ==> 2012-05-01 12:23:52: oraclevm-template --config <==
      [LOG]  May 01 12:23:52 oraclevm-template: Running oraclevm-template --config
      [LOG]  May 01 12:23:52 oraclevm-template: Loading parameters from config file: /etc/sysconfig/oraclevm-template
      [LOG]  May 01 12:23:52 oraclevm-template: Reconfiguring os
      [INFO] May 01 12:23:52 oraclevm-template: Regenerating SSH host keys.
      [LOG]  May 01 12:23:56 oraclevm-template: calling /opt/oracle/psft/vm/oraclevm-template.sh
      [LOG]  May 01 12:23:56 oraclevm-template.sh: Creating Virtual Environment. Date: Tue May 1 12:23:56 EDT 2012
      [LOG]  May 01 12:23:56 oraclevm-template.sh: ovm_configure_pre -- no work to be done
      [LOG]  May 01 12:23:56 oraclevm-template.sh: No PeopleTools Database environment to be created on this host ....skipping DB Setup
      [LOG]  May 01 12:23:56 oraclevm-template.sh: Current IP Address is 192.168.1.209
      [LOG]  May 01 12:24:06 oraclevm-template.sh: Default Configuration
      [LOG]  May 01 12:24:12 oraclevm-template.sh: CreateVirtualEnvironment Appbatch
      [WARN] May 01 12:24:33 oraclevm-template.sh: An existing /etc/tnsnames.ora file has been located and will be overwritten
      [LOG]  May 01 12:24:49 oraclevm-template.sh: ChangeDBUserProfiles - updating user profiles in DB
      [LOG]  May 01 12:24:49 oraclevm-template.sh: Running SQLPlus for user SYSADM using script /opt/oracle/psft/vm/sql/ovm_dbusers.sql against Database F91TMPLT. Writing output to /v
      ar/log/ovm_dbusers_sql.log
      [LOG]  May 01 12:24:52 oraclevm-template.sh: Running SQLPlus for user SYSADM using script /tmp/ovm_dburls.sql against Database F91TMPLT. Writing output to /var/log/ovm_dburls_sq
      l.log
      [LOG]  May 01 12:24:56 oraclevm-template.sh: Created domain APPDOM with template small Startup options: F91TMPLT%ORACLE%oracle%oracle%AppDom%.%people%peop1e%____%NOENCRYPT
      [LOG]  May 01 12:24:57 oraclevm-template.sh: Domain APPDOM reconfigured with features: {PUBSUB}=Yes%{QUICKSRV}=Yes%{QUERYSRV}=Yes%{JOLT}=Yes%{JRAD}=Yes%{WSL}=Yes%{DBGSRV}=Yes%{R
      ENSRV}=Yes%{MCF}=Yes%{PPM}=Yes%{ANALYTICSRV}=Yes%{DOMAIN_GW}=N%{VERITY_TYPE3}=N
      [LOG]  May 01 12:24:57 oraclevm-template.sh: Starting Domain APPDOM
      [ERROR] May 01 12:25:23 oraclevm-template.sh: Domain APPDOM did not start successfully. Check the domain logs for more information.
      [LOG]  May 01 12:25:24 oraclevm-template.sh: Created domain PRCSDOM with template unix Startup options: F91TMPLT,ORACLE,PRCS9436,oracle,oracle,people,peop1e,192.168.1.149,.,.,.,
      .,NOENCRYPT
      [LOG]  May 01 12:25:25 oraclevm-template.sh: Domain PRCSDOM reconfigured with features: {MSTRSRV}=Yes%{APPENG}=Yes%
      [LOG]  May 01 12:25:25 oraclevm-template.sh: Starting Domain PRCSDOM
      [ERROR] May 01 12:25:46 oraclevm-template.sh: Domain PRCSDOM did not start successfully. Check the domain logs for more information.
      [LOG]  May 01 12:25:46 oraclevm-template.sh: Setting up COBOL Environment
      [LOG]  May 01 12:26:29 oraclevm-template.sh: Installing Server Express 5.1 WP4 and LMF
      [LOG]  May 01 12:26:57 oraclevm-template.sh: Installing LMF Evaluation License for Server Express 5.1 WP4
      [LOG]  May 01 12:26:57 oraclevm-template.sh: Starting LMF license manager
      [LOG]  May 01 12:26:58 oraclevm-template.sh: Compiling COBOL sources
      [LOG]  May 01 12:27:22 oraclevm-template.sh: Linking COBOL sources
      [LOG]  May 01 12:27:35 oraclevm-template.sh: CreateVirtualEnvironment PIA
      [LOG]  May 01 12:32:24 oraclevm-template.sh: Updated the PIA configuration file /home/psadm2/psft/pt/8.52/webserv/peoplesoft/applications/peoplesoft/PORTAL.war/WEB-INF/psftdocs/
      ps/configuration.properties to point to AppServer localhost.localdomain:9000
      [LOG]  May 01 12:32:24 oraclevm-template.sh: Ownership and permissions on Report Repository changed
      [LOG]  May 01 12:32:25 oraclevm-template.sh: PIA Environment created and PIA startup instruction sent to run as user psadm2
      [LOG]  May 01 12:32:31 oraclevm-template.sh: ovm_configure_post -- no work to be done
      [LOG]  May 01 12:32:41 oraclevm-template: ==> 2012-05-01 12:32:41: oraclevm-template --disable <==
      [LOG]  May 01 12:32:41 oraclevm-template: Running oraclevm-template --disable
      [LOG]  May 01 12:32:41 oraclevm-template: Changed RUN_TEMPLATE_CONF=NO in /etc/sysconfig/oraclevm-template
      [INFO] May 01 12:32:41 oraclevm-template: Template configuration disabled.
      An overall remark, in the readme existing on edelivry for this template, there's an url which could help, http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/vm/templates/peoplesoft.html but this does not contains anything about Peoplesoft or templates, it's redirected to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/products/index.html which is rather general information whereas I would expect some in-depth documentation.
      Addendum 02-MAY : please see post below for the diocumentation link

Next step, replying the other way around, I mean "n" when it is prompting for a Demo VM purpose or not (step 2.1)...

Nicolas.

some questions/remarks are my bad since there's really a documention as I mentioned in post below.
      Edited by: N Gasparotto on May 2, 2012 10:10 AM
        • 1. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
          Nicolas.Gasparotto
          Next step, replying the other way around, I mean "n" when it is prompting for a Demo VM purpose or not (step 2.1)...
          That's not really different, the only diff I can see is one more question prompted : +"Do you wish to configure the VM using an external script y"+
          Unfortunately, again I do not know what it is exactly mean. It's not documented.
          I was hoping this option prompted me for the Networking settings, but nada. Nothing. How can we set the network IP address, netmask, Gateway and DNS server for the AppServ/Batch/PIA server as we are doing for the database server ?

Nicolas.
          • 2. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            On the default Appserver configuration, the REN server is configured to start, but does not seem to be well configured. A lot of error are reported in log file : "Error retrieving REN server URL from database".
            An other error is also reported : "Unable to complete Registration in previous 65 attempts. If this domain is not servicing a performance monitoring system, PPM servers are not required. Otherwise, please validate the PPMI and verify it is accessible."

Anyway, since I cannot use a fixed IP address to the appserver/pia, it's useless. I cannot connect to the front end application.

Nicolas.

Edited by: N Gasparotto on May 1, 2012 9:34 PM
            • 3. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
              We'll open an internal bug report and investigate. We'll have this figured out by the next release. I'll try and get some kind of posting for a workaround ... or at least some kind of appropriate response.
              • 4. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                Nicolas.Gasparotto
                Thank you Mark.
                I'm confused now, I'm really sorry I found the documentation refering to FSCM9.1 FP2 template :
                http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29416_01/psft/acrobat/PeopleSoft_Financials_and_Supply_Chain_Management_9.1_Feature_Pack_2_OVM.pdf
                But whether it gives a couple of response, all doubts are not yet solved.

Regarding several questions I was asking above, it is explained :
                2.1) It is prompting to configure the VM for Demo purpose or not.
                => It is explained Chapter 2, page 21, my bad.
                Respond y to this prompt if you want to configure the virtual machine for a Demo environment
                2.2) Now that's for decoupling Application home
                => As I understood, it is explained Chapter 2, page 21, my bad.
                Respond y to this prompt if you want to set up a PS_APP_HOME that is separate from PS_HOME, referred to as a Decoupled Application Home
                2.3) I'm prompt for a database server user as well as the password
                Nowhere in the documentation it is explained what should it be out there.
                2.4) it never ever ask me for the DHCP configuration (shoud be not), IP address, Gateway...
                Whether it is mentioned for the database server template, there's nothing for the Apps/Batch/PIA server in the documentation.
                the only diff I can see is one more question prompted : "Do you wish to configure the VM using an external script y"
                Again, nowhere in the documentation I found what this is referring to.

Well, if I eventually found the documentation, it does not help to get it working. Especially the networking configuration.

Thanks and best regards,

Nicolas.
                • 5. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                  Sheshi Sankineni
                  Hi Nick,

I am assuming you are using OVM 2.x to test PeopleSoft Templates.

Both the Database and Tools Templates share the same configuration scripts. As a result, the same set of users exists on both the VM's. Application Templates packaging has changed significantly in the latest recut. Instead of having a separate AppBatch Template for each application, we have a single Tools AppBatch Template. This Template, can either connect to an Application Database or Tools only Database. The Database Template is still specific to each Application Pillar. In order to support PS_APP_HOME separation feature (introduced in Tools 8.52), the application VCD is installed on the Database Template under /opt/oracle/psft/ptdb/apptools. This directory (PS_APP_HOME) is owned by psadm3 user and will be mounted (transparently) on the AppBatch VM (/opt/oracle/psft/pt/apptools) during its initialization when the user answers 'y' to 'Do you wish to configure the VM for Demo Purposes' and 'Do you wish to configure a Decoupled Application Home' questions. Just to reiterate, Database Template not only contains the application specific database files, it also includes PS_APP_HOME under /opt/oracle/psft/ptdb/apptools.

At the time of FSCM Template recut, we did not have a base Template for Oracle Server version 11.2.0.2. As a result, the Oracle Server packaged in the FSCM Template is still on 11.1.0.7. The next set of applications we will be posting will have 11.2.0.2 Oracle Server.

Coming back to AppBatch Template, before we prompt any questions, it should have prompted for networking information (Static IP, Netmask, Gateway, DNS). Were you prompted for networking related prompts before you were asked 'Do you wish to configure the VM for Demo Purposes'? If not, its an issue and needs to looked into.

With the new Tools (AppBatch) Template, we have added the flexibility to configure the VM using either the scripts packaged in the VM or have it configured using an external script. If the user answers 'n' to the Demo question, it will prompt with the question 'Do you wish to configure the VM using an external script'. In this question, if the user answers 'y', then it will prompt for FTP information (where the remote script resides), downloads the external script into the VM and executes it. In this case, the configuration is assumed to be user's responsibility.

If you are configuring a Demo environment for an Application pillar, you should answer 'y' to 'Do you wish to configure the VM for Demo Purposes' and 'Do you wish to configure a Decoupled Application Home' questions. This will result in configuring PS_APP_HOME on AppBatch VM (by mounting it transparently from the Database VM) as well as setting up the environment: creating and configuring AppServer, Process Scheduler and PIA.

Since we have a single AppBatch Template and in order to setup a Tools only Demo environment, the user responses will be 'y' for the Do you wish to configure the VM for Demo Purposes' question and 'n' for 'Do you wish to configure a Decoupled Application Home' prompt (since there is no PS_APP_HOME for Tools only). Since the Tools only environment can connect to any database, we will have to prompt the user for peoplesoft userid & password in addition to the database connectivity (host/port/sid). This user and password are PeopleSoft credentials and are used by the domains to connect a database. In your case, this is what you have encountered (prompted for a database server user as well as the password) when you answered 'y' & 'n' respectively for the initial questions.

I understand that we need to add more information during the prompts that makes this obvious. We will incorporate these in our next set of applications. We will also update our documentation to add more information to each prompts for clarity. Thanks a lot for your testing.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Sheshi
                  • 6. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                    Nicolas.Gasparotto
                    Hello Sheshi,

Thank you for coming by and for all your explanations. It did a lot for understanding the all picture here over the new templates which indeed have been changed a lot. It clarifies many of the new aspects of templates.

Beside the questions I may have had so far and that you gently replied back, I still have an issue.
                    Coming back to AppBatch Template, before we prompt any questions, it should have prompted for networking information (Static IP, Netmask, Gateway, DNS). Were you prompted for networking related prompts before you were asked 'Do you wish to configure the VM for Demo Purposes'? If not, its an issue and needs to looked into.
                    I tested it twice, deployment of a Apps/Batch, but it never prompted me for the networking configuration. It directly go to the question about the Demo y/n. And yes, your assumption is correct, I'm using Oracle VM 2.2.
                    1. Immediately after starting the VM, I go to the console, and see info like "Welcome to Oracle Linux Oracle Linux Server release 5.7", so it's not possible to have the network question before hands, I did not missed it here.
                    2. It's starting iSCSI daemon, applying ip6tables firewall rules, determining IP information for eth0...
                    3. setting up iSCSI targets, starting portmap, nfs statd, automount
                    4. generating ssh1, ssh2, sshd, crond
                    5. starting oraclevm-template
                    6. regenerating ssh hosts keys
                    7. stopping sshd, generating shh1, ssh2, and starting sshd
                    8. eventually prompting "Do you want to configure the VM for Demo purpose y" an so forth.
                    But no where there's question regarding network settings. If you need any more logfile, let me know.

Thanks again,

Nicolas.
                    • 7. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                      Sheshi Sankineni
                      Hi Nick,

The only reason I can think of why the networking questions are not prompted is because of the check we do to determine if the network is already configured. In your case, this check is coming back with a valid IP Address. As a result, we do not call in the function that prompts for networking questions.

Can you please post the contents of /var/log/oraclevm-template.log file. That should help me confirm my hypothesis.

Thanks

-Sheshi
                      • 8. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                        Sheshi Sankineni
                        Sorry my bad, you did attach the oraclevm-template.log and it shows the following

Current IP Address is 192.168.1.209

This should have come back with empty value. That is the culprit.

Can you please run the following command and send me the result

/sbin/ip addr show | grep eth0 | grep inet

Thanks

-Sheshi
                        • 9. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                          Sheshi Sankineni
                          Send me the contents of the following files:

/etc/resolv.conf
                          /etc/hosts
                          /etc/sysconfig/network
                          /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

Thanks

-Sheshi
                          • 10. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                            Nicolas.Gasparotto
                            Sheshi,
                            Thanks again for your replies.
                            The IP address 192.168.1.209 is actually given by the internal routeur and is part of the DHCP range (192.1.168.200-253), I mean outside the fix IP address defined range (192.168.1.1-199).
                            I'm not in the front of my VM environment right now - it's already 9pm CET here, I'll come back to you by tomorrow with all what you are requiring.

Kind regards,

Nicolas.
                            • 11. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                              Nicolas.Gasparotto
                              Sheshi,

Please find below the requested output.
                              user482417 wrote:
                              Sorry my bad, you did attach the oraclevm-template.log and it shows the following

Current IP Address is 192.168.1.209

This should have come back with empty value. That is the culprit.
                              I created again a new VM from the App template, it's now 192.168.1.211, here's the new oraclevm-template.log (note that I gave VP1 for the "database user" and consequently App and Batch are starting) :
                              # more oraclevm-template.log
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:34:44 oraclevm-template: ==> 2012-05-03 04:34:44: oraclevm-template --config <==
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:34:44 oraclevm-template: Running oraclevm-template --config
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:34:44 oraclevm-template: Loading parameters from config file: /etc/sysconfig/oraclevm-template
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:34:44 oraclevm-template: Reconfiguring os
                              [INFO] May 03 04:34:45 oraclevm-template: Regenerating SSH host keys.
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:34:47 oraclevm-template: calling /opt/oracle/psft/vm/oraclevm-template.sh
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:34:47 oraclevm-template.sh: Creating Virtual Environment. Date: Thu May 3 04:34:47 EDT 2012
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:34:47 oraclevm-template.sh: ovm_configure_pre -- no work to be done
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:34:47 oraclevm-template.sh: No PeopleTools Database environment to be created on this host ....skipping DB Setup
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:34:47 oraclevm-template.sh: Current IP Address is 192.168.1.211
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:35:33 oraclevm-template.sh: Default Configuration
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:35:39 oraclevm-template.sh: CreateVirtualEnvironment Appbatch
                              [WARN] May 03 04:38:29 oraclevm-template.sh: An existing /etc/tnsnames.ora file has been located and will be overwritten
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:38:52 oraclevm-template.sh: ChangeDBUserProfiles - updating user profiles in DB
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:38:52 oraclevm-template.sh: Running SQLPlus for user SYSADM using script /opt/oracle/psft/vm/sql/ovm_dbusers.sql against Database F91TMPLT. Writing output to /v
                              ar/log/ovm_dbusers_sql.log
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:38:56 oraclevm-template.sh: Running SQLPlus for user SYSADM using script /tmp/ovm_dburls.sql against Database F91TMPLT. Writing output to /var/log/ovm_dburls_sq
                              l.log
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:39:02 oraclevm-template.sh: Created domain APPDOM with template small Startup options: F91TMPLT%ORACLE%VP1%VP1%AppDom%.%people%peop1e%____%NOENCRYPT
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:39:03 oraclevm-template.sh: Domain APPDOM reconfigured with features: {PUBSUB}=Yes%{QUICKSRV}=Yes%{QUERYSRV}=Yes%{JOLT}=Yes%{JRAD}=Yes%{WSL}=Yes%{DBGSRV}=Yes%{R
                              ENSRV}=Yes%{MCF}=Yes%{PPM}=Yes%{ANALYTICSRV}=Yes%{DOMAIN_GW}=N%{VERITY_TYPE3}=N
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:39:03 oraclevm-template.sh: Starting Domain APPDOM
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:40:24 oraclevm-template.sh: Domain APPDOM started successfully
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:40:25 oraclevm-template.sh: Created domain PRCSDOM with template unix Startup options: F91TMPLT,ORACLE,PRCS4087,VP1,VP1,people,peop1e,192.168.1.149,.,.,.,.,NOEN
                              CRYPT
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:40:25 oraclevm-template.sh: Domain PRCSDOM reconfigured with features: {MSTRSRV}=Yes%{APPENG}=Yes%
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:40:25 oraclevm-template.sh: Starting Domain PRCSDOM
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:41:02 oraclevm-template.sh: Domain PRCSDOM started successfully
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:41:02 oraclevm-template.sh: Setting up COBOL Environment
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:42:17 oraclevm-template.sh: Installing Server Express 5.1 WP4 and LMF
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:42:53 oraclevm-template.sh: Installing LMF Evaluation License for Server Express 5.1 WP4
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:42:54 oraclevm-template.sh: Starting LMF license manager
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:42:55 oraclevm-template.sh: Compiling COBOL sources
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:43:21 oraclevm-template.sh: Linking COBOL sources
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:43:40 oraclevm-template.sh: CreateVirtualEnvironment PIA
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:46:39 oraclevm-template.sh: Updated the PIA configuration file /home/psadm2/psft/pt/8.52/webserv/peoplesoft/applications/peoplesoft/PORTAL.war/WEB-INF/psftdocs/
                              ps/configuration.properties to point to AppServer localhost.localdomain:9000
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:46:39 oraclevm-template.sh: Ownership and permissions on Report Repository changed
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:46:40 oraclevm-template.sh: PIA Environment created and PIA startup instruction sent to run as user psadm2
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:00 oraclevm-template.sh: User has elected to allow the setup script to do some database inserts to allow faster setup
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:00 oraclevm-template.sh: SetupPRCSReportNodes
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:01 oraclevm-template.sh: Running SQLPlus for user SYSADM using script /tmp/ovm_prcs.sql against Database F91TMPLT. Writing output to /var/log/ovm_prcs_sql.lo
                              g
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:03 oraclevm-template.sh: Process Scheduler Setup has completed
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:03 oraclevm-template.sh: SetupIntegrationBroker
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:03 oraclevm-template.sh: Running SQLPlus for user SYSADM using script /tmp/ovm_ib.sql against Database F91TMPLT. Writing output to /var/log/ovm_ib_sql.log
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:10 oraclevm-template.sh: Updated the Integration Gateway node definitions in /home/psadm2/psft/pt/8.52/webserv/peoplesoft/applications/peoplesoft/PSIGW.war/W
                              EB-INF/integrationGateway.properties
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:10 oraclevm-template.sh: Integration Broker Setup has completed
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:10 oraclevm-template.sh: Stopping and Starting the Process Scheduler domain PRCSDOM
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:10 oraclevm-template.sh: Stopping Domain PRCSDOM
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:47:24 oraclevm-template.sh: Starting Domain PRCSDOM
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:48:00 oraclevm-template.sh: Domain PRCSDOM started successfully
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:48:00 oraclevm-template.sh: ovm_configure_post -- no work to be done
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:48:10 oraclevm-template: ==> 2012-05-03 04:48:10: oraclevm-template --disable <==
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:48:10 oraclevm-template: Running oraclevm-template --disable
                              [LOG]  May 03 04:48:10 oraclevm-template: Changed RUN_TEMPLATE_CONF=NO in /etc/sysconfig/oraclevm-template
                              [INFO] May 03 04:48:10 oraclevm-template: Template configuration disabled.
                              Can you please run the following command and send me the result

/sbin/ip addr show | grep eth0 | grep inet
                              # /sbin/ip addr show | grep eth0 | grep inet
                                  inet 192.168.1.211/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global eth0
                              /etc/resolv.conf
                              # more /etc/resolv.conf
                              ; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
                              nameserver 192.168.2.254
                              nameserver 192.168.1.254
                              search localdomain
                              /etc/hosts
                              # more /etc/hosts
                              127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
                              ::1     localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
                              /etc/sysconfig/network
                              # more /etc/sysconfig/network
                              NETWORKING=yes
                              NETWORKING_IPV6=yes
                              HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
                              /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
                              # more /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
                              # generated by /usr/sbin/oraclevm-template
                              DEVICE=eth0
                              ONBOOT=yes
                              BOOTPROTO=dhcp
                              TYPE=Ethernet
                              Still no networking configuration prompt.

Thanks.

Nicolas.
                              • 12. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                                Sheshi Sankineni
                                Hi Nick,

Based on the networking files, it looks like the VM is already configured to run using 'dhcp'. This is definitely an issue and needs to be fixed. In the meanwhile, here is the workaround. Since the workaround is applied to the Template, it needs to be done only once.

1. Putty/SSH into the OVS Server where the Template has been imported.
                                2. Goto /OVS/seed_pool/<dir-where-the-template-is-extracted>
                                3. mkdir os
                                4. lomount -diskimage System.img -partition 2 os
                                5. cd os/opt/oracle/psft/vm
                                6. vi oraclevm-template.sh
                                7. Goto line number 377
                                8. Change the line 'if [ "$IP_ADDR" == "" ] && [ "$DEBUG_PSFT_OVM" != "TRUE" ]; then' to 'if [ "$DEBUG_PSFT_OVM" != "TRUE" ]; then'
                                8. Save the file
                                9. cd ../../../../..
                                10. umount os
                                11. rmdir os

After the workaround, instantiate a new VM from this modified Template and boot it up. Before any questions are prompted, it should prompt for network related questions.

For the new VM that you recreated (IP Address: 192.168.1.211), you mentioned that you gave VP1 for database user & password. It shouldn't have prompted for those values if you had answered 'y' to 'Do you wish to configure the VM for Demo Purposes [y/n]' as well as 'Do you wish to configure a Decoupled Application Home [y/n]' questions. Can you confirm that you have answered 'y' to both these questions?

For your convenience, here is the sequence

1. Apply the workaround on the Template.
                                2. Instantiate a new VM.
                                3. Boot it up.
                                4. Answer the networking questions.
                                5. Answer 'y' to 'Do you wish to configure the VM for Demo Purposes [y/n]' question.
                                6. Answer 'y' to 'Do you wish to configure a Decoupled Application Home [y/n]' question.
                                7. Answer 'y' to 'Do you wish to setup PeopleSoft Application Server on this VM y' question and it will prompt for the following

1. Enter the name of the database
                                2. Enter the hostname for the database server
                                3. Enter the port number for the database host
                                4. Are you happy with your answers

It should not prompt for the following

1. Enter the user name for the database server
                                2. Enter the user password for the database server

Let me know if you are seeing the same sequence during bootup.

Thanks

-Sheshi
                                • 13. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                                  Nicolas.Gasparotto
                                  Sheshi,
                                  user482417 wrote:
                                  After the workaround, instantiate a new VM from this modified Template and boot it up. Before any questions are prompted, it should prompt for network related questions.
                                  The given workaround work perfectly, thank you.
                                  For the new VM that you recreated (IP Address: 192.168.1.211), you mentioned that you gave VP1 for database user & password. It shouldn't have prompted for those values if you had answered 'y' to 'Do you wish to configure the VM for Demo Purposes [y/n]' as well as 'Do you wish to configure a Decoupled Application Home [y/n]' questions. Can you confirm that you have answered 'y' to both these questions?
                                  You are right, I replied 'y' to the Demo question, but 'n' to the 'Decoupled' question. With this last test, replying 'y' to both of the questions, it does not prompt for the database user.
                                  For your convenience, here is the sequence

1. Apply the workaround on the Template.
                                  2. Instantiate a new VM.
                                  3. Boot it up.
                                  4. Answer the networking questions.
                                  5. Answer 'y' to 'Do you wish to configure the VM for Demo Purposes [y/n]' question.
                                  6. Answer 'y' to 'Do you wish to configure a Decoupled Application Home [y/n]' question.
                                  7. Answer 'y' to 'Do you wish to setup PeopleSoft Application Server on this VM y' question and it will prompt for the following

1. Enter the name of the database
                                  2. Enter the hostname for the database server
                                  3. Enter the port number for the database host
                                  4. Are you happy with your answers

It should not prompt for the following

1. Enter the user name for the database server
                                  2. Enter the user password for the database server
                                  With the given workaround and the proper reponses as suggested, this is what is happening.

Nicolas.
                                  • 14. Re: About the template FSCM9.1 FP2 Peopletools 8.52.03 (v3)
                                    Nicolas.Gasparotto
                                    So, to conclude, if I may :
                                    1. try to find a way to make the template working at the first short without applying the workaround, or documented it out
                                    2. please, add more explanations in documentation for the entries and what are the intend of each.

Thanks for your help,

Nicolas.
                                    1 2 Previous Next