2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2012 6:12 PM by User315731

Cancelling drop ship partial quantity

user78973
      We have the following scenario:

We do a lot of drop ship custom items where there is 10% over and under when vendor manufactures the product.

We are handling overages by adding a new line on sales order.

On the unders we are having an issue.

We are setting up blankets and creating PO releases from the blanket.

For example, customer orders 100 boxes and vendor manufactures only 95, we want to receive the 95 on drop ship PO line and cancel the remaining 5% on PO line as well as sales order (after the line is split).

How can this be accomplished using standard Oracle drop ship process?
        • 1. Re: Cancelling drop ship partial quantity
          Mahendra
          user12215957 wrote:
          We have the following scenario:

We do a lot of drop ship custom items where there is 10% over and under when vendor manufactures the product.

We are handling overages by adding a new line on sales order.

On the unders we are having an issue.

We are setting up blankets and creating PO releases from the blanket.

For example, customer orders 100 boxes and vendor manufactures only 95, we want to receive the 95 on drop ship PO line and cancel the remaining 5% on PO line as well as sales order (after the line is split).

How can this be accomplished using standard Oracle drop ship process?
          As far as i know..you cannot use blanket PO for drop ship..bcz PO is created when OM notifies that it is drop ship..
          if the part of the drop ship is fulfilled..and customer doesn't want to fulfil the remaing quantity..you have the cancel the remaining qunatity in line i guess system won't allow to cancel the remaining line in SO..as there is a associated PO..I will check and confirm

HTH
          Mahendra

Mahendra on May 2, 2012 11:12 AM
          • 2. Re: Cancelling drop ship partial quantity
            User315731
            Hello,
            I agree with Mahendra...

Blanket PO's will not work with Drop Shipment because the PO must be created when OM notifies PO that a Drop Ship order has been created. This PO is linked to the Drop Ship order so that when the receipt is done (partial or complete) .OM is updated to receiving interface eligible. Drop Ship lines do not use the pick release, ship confirm or inv interface order cycles.

If part of a drop-ship line ships, and you do not wish to fulfill the remaining quantity, cancel the line. Over shipments must also be handled manually. If the supplier ships more than the ordered quantity, you can bill your customer for the additional quantity or request that they return the item. Use the Drop Ship Order Discrepancy Report to view differences between your drop-ship Sales Orders and their associated purchase requisitions and orders.

HTH
            -Arif.