2 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 9:10 PM by skyfox RSS

Re: IP addresses to use for Oracle RAC on Linux / VMWARE / Windows 7

skyfox
      Greetings All,

My test environment is on Windows 7, VMWare 2.0 with Linux 5 (2 nodes). I am now trying to configure the network on the 2 nodes to prepare for installing Oracle 11gR2 RAC.

Trouble I am facing is what IP addresses to save for eth0 and eth1 BASED on the Windows ipconfg (VMnet1 / VMnet8) adapters, and the proper entries for the /etc/hosts file for both nodes.

Thanks!

Regards,
      A

Edited by: user2222236 on 1-May-2012 7:00 PM
        • 1. Re: IP addresses to use for Oracle RAC on Linux / VMWARE / Windows 7
          sb92075
          user2222236 wrote:
          Greetings All,

My test environment is on Windows 7, VMWare 2.0 with Linux 5 (2 nodes). I am now trying to configure the network on the 2 nodes to prepare for installing Oracle 11gR2 RAC.

Trouble I am facing is what IP addresses to save for eth0 and eth1 BASED on the Windows ipconfg (VMnet1 / VMnet8) adapters, and the proper entries for the /etc/hosts file for both nodes.

Thanks!

Regards,
          A

Edited by: user2222236 on 1-May-2012 7:00 PM
          You will know you have succeeded when every node can ping itself using both IP# & hostname
          AND do the same for every other node that exists (& vice versa).
          • 2. Re: IP addresses to use for Oracle RAC on Linux / VMWARE / Windows 7
            skyfox
            Hi sb92075,

Thanks for the reply, I understand that and have tried several eth0 and eth1 scenarios based on my windows network adapters ips (VMnet1 and BMnet8), none appear to work. Is there a logic or reference to use for what IPs to use for eth0 and eth1 based on the windows network adapter ips?

Thanks,
            A