2 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 3:05 AM by 446 RSS

Need a batch script to findout a keyword in a textfile stored !

Hi ,i need a batch script which help me to findout a keyword like DEV in a text file which is stored in a windows server,it shud find out only the exact keyword like DEV,it shud not prefix with any characters like ADDDEVUSER it might contain as DEV01.
        • 1. Re: Need a batch script to findout a keyword in a textfile stored !
          Christian.Shay -Oracle
          You didn't even mention Oracle database in your question, so I suspect you accidentally posted this to the wrong forum. Please provide more information about what you are trying to do.
          • 2. Re: Need a batch script to findout a keyword in a textfile stored !
            Hi ,Thanks for your response,we are using both oracle 11g/10g databses based upon the applications,my requirement is to have a batch script which is supposed to findout a keyword like DEV in a text file,where these text files stored in windows xp server say D folder,the script shud good enough to meet out the below said expectations-
            -since we are having too many keywords for DEV say-ADDEVUSER,for SIT say DEPOSIT in the text file,so i need to find out only the exact keywords with DEV,SIT,CIT,it shud not throw out the above said keywords-ADDEVUSER,DEPOSIT,it might ends up with DEV01,SIT02,CIT01(ie 2 numeric keywords)

in the script i need to pass the name of text file,keywords dynamically