13 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2012 6:06 AM by 901647

WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console

Hi All

We ran the Application Developer installation on a standalone WLS 10.3.6
      After installation, we started WLS and saw

<May 3, 2012 6:39:02 PM PDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000331> <Started WebLogic Admin Server "AdminServer" for domain "Optimize" running in Development Mode>
      <May 3, 2012 6:39:02 PM PDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to RUNNING>
      <May 3, 2012 6:39:02 PM PDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000360> <Server started in RUNNING mode>

But Admin console is not showing up at http://<hostname>:7001/
      We then tried

[root@hostname config]# java weblogic.Admin -url t3s://<hostname>:7001 -username weblogic -password xxxxxxx PING
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weblogic/Admin
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: weblogic.Admin
      at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
      at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
      Could not find the main class: weblogic.Admin. Program will exit.

We also tried commeting out listener address in config.xml and it still doesnt work.

1- What else can we do to get it running ?
      2- Is there an Oracle doc that describes troubleshooting and workaround to these issues ?

Any help is appreciated
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
          Ashishshinde-Oracle
          Hi,

According to me, probably you have given the wrong port number, to cross check provide the snap shot from the server logs:

<May 4, 2012 8:33:46 AM IST> <Notice> <Server> <BEA-002613> <Channel "Default" is now listening on 10.xxx.xxx.xx:7001 for protocols iiop, t3, ldap, snmp, http.>

Then we can confirm that, the server is listening on listen-Address:port.

About the Admin utility:

Initially you need to set the Environment

[root@hostname bin]# . ./setDomainEnv.sh
          [root@hostname bin]# java weblogic.Admin -url t3s://<hostname>:7001 -username weblogic -password xxxxxxx PING

Now you will not get the CNF Exception..!!

Hope this will you, let me know if you need further clarifications.

Thanks,
          Ashish
          • 2. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
            Pierluigi Vernetto
            http://<hostname>:7001/console

adding /console might really make the difference

I have made that mistake a zillion times :o)
            • 3. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
              Ashishshinde-Oracle
              Hi!!!

no probs.

how about, weblogic.Admin?? is that working now??

Good Day!!

Regards,
              Ashish
              • 4. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
                Hi Asish

thanks for responding.
                It didnt help when I followed your steps.

I do see in AdminServer log

####<May 4, 2012 10:25:18 AM PDT> <Notice> <Server> <hostname> <AdminServer> <[STANDBY] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <6d850c3493be4b23:-4acd057f:13718e1e23b:-8000-000000000000000a> <1336152318946> <BEA-002613> <Channel "Default[1]" is now listening on 10.210.81.206:7001 for protocols iiop, t3, ldap, snmp, http.>

After executing setDomainEnv.sh
                I still get the same class error.

What should I do next ?

Edited by: 898644 on May 4, 2012 11:58 AM
                • 5. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
                  Hi

I did and nothing is showing up.
                  From Firefox browser

I get Unable to connect.

I tried proxy setting exception and still it's not connected to console

What shall I do next ?
                  • 6. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
                    Hi

when I tried again

[root@hostname]# java -classpath ./server/lib/weblogic.jar weblogic.Admin -url t3s://hostname:7001 -username weblogic -password xxxxx PING

Failed to connect to t3s://hostname:7001: Destination unreachable; nested exception is:
                    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; No available router to destination
                    [root@hostname]#

What is wrong ?
                    • 7. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
                      Hi

I am able to telnet

[user@host ~]$ telnet host 7001
                      Trying 10.210.81.206...
                      telnet: connect to address 10.210.81.206: Connection refused
                      [user@host ~]$ telnet host
                      Trying 10.210.81.206...
                      Connected to host.
                      Escape character is '^]'.
                      Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 (Santiago) Kernel Rev 2.6.39-100.5.1.el6uek.x86_64
                      Oracle Linux Server release 6.2
                      Kernel 2.6.39-100.5.1.el6uek.x86_64 on an x86_64
                      login:

What should we do next?

Edited by: 898644 on May 4, 2012 11:32 AM

Edited by: 898644 on May 4, 2012 11:58 AM

Edited by: 898644 on May 4, 2012 6:15 PM
                      • 8. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
                        Pierluigi Vernetto
                        put the entire admin log somewhere and provide us the link
                        • 9. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
                          Hi,

As Pierluigi Vernetto mentioned, url should be http://<hostname>:7001/console and not http://<hostname>:7001/

If that doesn't work, kill the AdminServer, clear the cache and tmp folders under AdminServer/data/nodemanger, start the server and try accessing the console.

Check if the ConsoleEnabled value is set to false through WLST for your domain. If so please mark it true and restart the server.

Also let us know the exact error you're getting when you try to hit the console.?

Thanks,
                          Avi
                          • 10. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
                            Hi 862372

thanks for responding, we don't see any cache files in Op/servers/AdminServer/data/

[root@host domains]# locate nodemanager
                            /lib/modules/2.6.32-300.3.1.el6uek.x86_64/kernel/fs/ocfs2/cluster/ocfs2_nodemanager.ko
                            /lib/modules/2.6.32-300.3.1.el6uek.x86_64.debug/kernel/fs/ocfs2/cluster/ocfs2_nodemanager.ko
                            /lib/modules/2.6.39-100.5.1.el6uek.x86_64/kernel/fs/ocfs2/cluster/ocfs2_nodemanager.ko
                            /lib/modules/2.6.39-100.5.1.el6uek.x86_64.debug/kernel/fs/ocfs2/cluster/ocfs2_nodemanager.ko
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/modules/com.bea.core.nodemanager.plugin_1.3.0.0.jar
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/modules/com.oracle.core.nodemanager.process_1.0.0.0.jar
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/modules/com.oracle.core.nodemanager.process_1.1.0.0.jar
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/Op/bin/nodemanager
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/Op/bin/nodemanager/wlscontrol.sh
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/Op/config/nodemanager
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/Op/config/nodemanager/nm_password.properties
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/Op/bin/nodemanager
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/Op/bin/nodemanager/wlscontrol.sh
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/Op/config/nodemanager
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/Op/config/nodemanager/nm_password.properties
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/common/nodemanager
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/common/nodemanager/nodemanager.domains
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/unix/nodemanager.sh
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/native/linux/i686/libnodemanager.so
                            /scratch/software/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/native/linux/x86_64/libnodemanager.so

[root@slc01fjt domains]# Op/servers/AdminServer/data/
                            ldap/ store/

We'll update more if we get new information
                            • 11. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
                              Hi Pierluigi

Thanks for responding.
                              I've reinstalled 10.3.5 and I am still running into the same problem. the Admin console is not showing up even though log says it is running at 127.0.0.1:7001
                              Is there an email I can send you the logs ?
                              I cant be reached at zachary.h.wong@gmail.com

sincerely
                              • 12. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
                                user9154218
                                Hi,

Did you check opening the console using

http://localhost:7001/console

I have incurred this error many times before. Instead of giving the hostname as the IP address or the compute name, write localhost. The server should detect the hostname and its not your headache.

If the problem still persists, try unstalling and then reinstalling your WLS.

Refer to this link for correct installation.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/doc.1111/e14142/prepare.htm
                                • 13. Re: WLS running but could not connect and browser now showing console
                                  Hi

We tried and the browser page is not showing up, the cursor is spinning until it declared "unable to reach".
                                  We did veer off from the installation instructions;

We also notice that when we configure WLS with Admin server and another instance as Managed Server, WLS would always give ConnectionException from the AdminServer instance
                                  But if we only install and configure only Admin Server with no Managed Server, the WLS seems to respond better with a successful PING response once; the only time successful response, other times, they are ConnectionException, host unreachable error. Also, once ina while we get OutOfMemoryError from JVM but the heap spaces are pretty regular, the 256M and 512M setting.

Still unclear what's stopping Admin to not show up on host:7001/console.