This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 7:36 PM by yankee_fan RSS

XSLT Transform Xpath Functions Requiring URL Pointing to the XSLT file

yankee_fan Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am in the process of writing a service that requires processing xslt. I want to use the available xslt xpath functions to do so. All the functions require a file or http url pointing to the xslt doc. This is causing me some issues as:

1. The functional area is responsible for maintenance of the xslt. We want a service that just reads those files as needed and when necessary, changes can be made by them and we will just pick them up without the need to remigrate the composite.
2. Currently the xslt is located in confluence and svn. I have built an OSB proxy to read the xslt from those sites. Those sites require authorization which is not a problem with the proxies. I send back the xslt as a string, and have tried binary64encoded but that cannot be used in any of the xslt transform functions as they expect a url.
3. I could use the same url's but as the url is a string I cannot incorporate the auth header and creds necessary (that I know of), and if I could I am not sure where the creds can be located on the composite side. On the OSB side I use a service account.

Current Thoughts:

- Have the xslt files located in a directory on the users webserver that does not require auth (still looking into this).
- We don't want to put them on the mds as that would require us doing the migration there and would likely require them on our dev, test and prod environments which is not necessary and as we want the users to have total control so we can be out of the loop we do not feel comfortable allowing them the ability to move them to the mds or any other folder on the soa servers (I have thought about a dir there as there is file polling so why not use a dir, but again would require the dir in all three instances).

Help!

- any ideas on how to handle this process
- do I misunderstand the xslt transform functions and is there a way to pass the file contents as a string and not need a url
- if a url is necessary, is there a way to do that using the url (that would mean clear creds which is not ideal so is there a way on the bpel side to hide the creds?)
- anyone with experience using the xslt xpath transform functions that can shed light on the best approach for using them?

Thanks Al Hubberman, Cornell University

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points