This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
If you want to have the storage attributes of your segments modified during Data Pump Import, you could do the following:
1) create a tablespace with your desired storage attributes in the target database
2) impdp with transform=storage:n and remap_tablespace
That way, your imported segments can get initial extents of 8m, e.g.
(4m as initial extent will not give you a 4m initial extent on a tablespace with autoallocate - they will use 64k, 1m, 8m or 64m sized extents instead)
See here for the documentation of this - it's not Exadata specific:
"Don't believe it, test it!"
Edited by: Uwe Hesse on 07.05.2012 09:07 added the part with autoallocate
1. Create ASM and database instance on Exadata
2. Run create script for tablespaces(Depending on option you choose)
3. Run create script for users
4. Source gather statistics
5. Export stastics
4. Expdp (You can transportable tablespace(faster) or export of schemas). Try taking the dump on a nfs or any filesystem which can be mounted on both old and new servers.
5. Move the dump files to Exadata / This time can be saved if you can mount the filesystem on exadata.
6. Impdp schemas/ Tablespace
7. Import Statstics
8. Test database