1) You can embed it manually into each page of a dashboard that you want the dropdown. This fast if there is only a small number of pages. But it can be tedious if there are a lot of pages.
2) You can edit the dashboardtemplates.xml file and find a place to inject the script. This would be optimal since it would globally affect the dashboards. Place the custom edited file in the customMesages folder.
3) When using the code, be aware that I setup a threshold variable. On line 5, I set "var threshold = 0;". This is the threshold at which the dropdown will appear. If you only want the drop-down to appear when you have 5 or more pages, then set this value to 5 and that will be accomplished.
Note:- There is no dashboardtemplates.xml file in customMessages. That is what you need to create.
1. Copy the file from C:\OracleBI\web\msgdb\messages and put it in the customMessage folder
2. Go to line 410
3. Right before the final "</HTML>" paste in the code from this link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/26230268/pageDropDown-1-3
5. Bounce all three services.
Hope it helps.
Edited by: Satya Ranki Reddy on May 6, 2012 7:02 PM
dashboard when i click on page tab giving Menu.js error message. i think the problem is IE 8.0 .i am using IE 8.0
how can i resolve this issuse ..please help me.