4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2012 7:22 AM by Next Level RSS

CFG file adjustment for ASO Optimization

Next Level
      what command can be used for CFG file adjustment for ASO Optimization.
        • 1. Re: CFG file adjustment for ASO Optimization
          HyperionNewbie
          I suggest you go through the config file commands in technical reference before you look for optimization as most of the commands are typically at server level and not at application level. So based on your application you may optimize at different levels.

There are plenty of commands but you may think of considering
          MAXFORMULACACHESIZE - Specifies max size of ASO formula cahce to be made available for calcing members with formulas. Set by App/DB.
          TARGETASOOPT- Optimize large queries from SS add-in, MDX, or report writer across a transparent partion with identical the source outline & target are identical defintion area.
          CALCPARALLEL - (default 1 for BSO / 2 for ASO) Number should be applied by app & db name, if used in cfg or use in calc scripts
          PIPEBUFFERSIZE - Sets the size of buffer used for communication between Spreadsheet Extractor & Report Writer
          • 2. Re: CFG file adjustment for ASO Optimization
            DanPressman
            If you need to optimize your ASO cubes looking at settings is the the last place you should concentrate on. First convert every possible dynamic hierarchy to stored - when you are done that look for ways to to convert the ones that were not possible - then you can look to configuration settings.

If it ain't stored it ain't ASO and if your .dat files do not fit in RAM (note NOT ASO CACHE) then it aint ASO.
            • 3. Re: CFG file adjustment for ASO Optimization
              Next Level
              I have 6 Dimension in my ASO

2 dimension are Dynamic

Dynamic Dimension 1 can not be stored becasue of error such as this

XXXXXXX: Stored hierarchy members that are not the children of a label-only member must have the addition (+) operator

Consolidation is Subtraction, I have about 490 item like that

and then

Dynamic Dimension 2

i only have 2 item with the issue Stored hierarchy members that are not the children of a label-only member must have the addition (+) operator

Consolidation is Subtraction

please advise

Edited by: Next Level on Jul 8, 2012 5:20 AM
              • 4. Re: CFG file adjustment for ASO Optimization
                Next Level
                if your .dat files do not fit in RAM (note NOT ASO CACHE) then it aint ASO

please example