This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 5:05 AM by 877753 RSS

CEP engine for bank's data consolidation

935356 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi guys

I have a question . Is there anybody who used CEP for processing events in core banking system ?
I have a situation , we have a multiple product processors and want to consolidate all deals , contracts generated by them . The problem is that our product processors do not generate all required events and data correctly . Can we use CEP to massage events that come from product processors + add some logical processin + data (payload) and finally post them to consolidated GL from CEP ?

Many thanks

Jessica
  • 1. Re: CEP engine for bank's data consolidation
    665356 Journeyer
    Hi Jessica,

You can certainly use CEP to do data cleansing like this. We have an investment bank doing something very similar.

Thanks

andy
  • 2. Re: CEP engine for bank's data consolidation
    935356 Newbie
    Hi Andy ,

Many thanks for your answer . Can you please help me with a use cases and refrences for this type of task ? I want to be able to handel all events coming from core systems to generate my own events for consolidated GL .

Thanks again you are very helpfull .

Jes
  • 3. Re: CEP engine for bank's data consolidation
    877753 Newbie
    Hi,
    Can you tell me how can we get the events from your bank application which you already have? we can use a http-sub adapter to get all the events from your application(in general) to the cep processor or we can use a csv-adapter to read events if given in csv files and use a http-pub adapter to send events back to your bank application, you have to subscribe the pub-sub channel to listen the events which are output from the cep processor. I could help you with a sample app if i could know the available java nodes, etc on your application.

Regards
    Patha

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points