5 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2012 9:01 AM by Dhar

11.1.6 log level set

Reddy G
      Hi Gurus,

I had installed 11.1.1.6 on my system..with user "Weblogic"..and I want set log level for this user but when I open RPD in online mode and went to Manage-->Identity..in users tab there are no users visible to me but all groups are are showing Groups tab...plz tell me what is the issue..previously when i installed 11.1.5 I am able to see all users which i had created....is there any change in 11.1.1.6 to change log level kind of settings...is it possible to set in weblogic console..myrealem..
        • 1. Re: 11.1.6 log level set
          Satya Ranki Reddy
          Hi,

For simplicity I'll direct you to a link http://obiee11gqna.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/obiee-11g-query-log-log-level.html

hope it help's.

Thanks,
          satya
          • 2. Re: 11.1.6 log level set
            Reddy G
            But when go to Manage-->Identity expanded Identity Manager and select BI Repository Users Tab...there are no users visible to me..I created "Weblogic" user when i am installing..but its not visible here..what is the issue..
            • 3. Re: 11.1.6 log level set
              Dhar
              Hi,

I also remember seeing this kind of issue, some time back but could not get into much. However, I suggest you try to search the "weblogic" user explicitly. Try Manage Identity -> Action -> set Online User Filter -> type weblogic and see if you can get him here.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
              Dhar
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: 11.1.6 log level set
                Reddy G
                Dhar,

Thanks..I will try this and let you know the result...May I know How you Resolved this issue when u faced this previously..?
                • 5. Re: 11.1.6 log level set
                  Dhar
                  Hi,

I never wanted to set log level for "weblogic" user in our system as this is not a best practice. "Weblogic" user as per me, is like a "Super Man's" ID, that can do all the stuff. So, I never wanted to use this ID to create analysis, schedule etc.I chose to keep it just for my domain related activities like managing weblogic servers, EM, deployments etc.

I have come up with two new roles "BIAuthor" (with Author privileges) and "BIAdmin" for the (with BIAdministrator privileges like opening .rpd/online catalog kind of activities..).

I never setup logging for any user except for "BIAuthor" as I use this ID to create my analysis. To monitor the reports, logs etc I set up usage tracking.

Note Please: The above setup was just as per my understanding of a better system, but you might have a different approach or much better practise too.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
                  Dhar
                  1 person found this helpful