2 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2012 11:40 AM by juescude RSS

Assign specific metadata for folder structures in the Content Server

juescude
      Assign specific metadata for folder structures in the Content Server

Hi to all,

I working with Oracle Content Server 10g and Desktop Integration Suite and I will like to know how can I restrict or enable some specific metadatas from the default metadata, for differents content folder. This is different from the function: Information Field Inherit Configuration.

tnks!
        • 1. Re: Assign specific metadata for folder structures in the Content Server
          Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
          I am a bit unclear about your question:

- do you ask about metadata assigned to folders, or
          - do you ask about metadata assigned to items in folders?

Starting from #2, if you forget about folders, there is standard functionality that you can use to restrict, enable, ... metadata for an item. Read this chapter: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/doc.1111/e10978/c04_metadata.htm#sthref288 to get full details.

I am not sure whether you can use anything of this functionality (profiles, option lists, etc.) when you check in a new folder. I doubt it, though. The logic of folders is slightly different - whilst e.g. profiles correspond to "content item", you don't find such a correspondence in folder's hierarchy (why a folder could not contain various content types, for instance?)

Last question is, from where you want to use this functionality - even for items. In 10g, Desktop Integration Suite's functionality was rather limited (often it was supposed that a user will just 'throw' an item to a folder, and metadata will be inherited from folders). You might have to upgrade your DIS to 11g; it should work even with 10g Content Server, but make sure you verify it before mass upgrade. In 11g, DIS should offer profiles, etc. with full capabilities.
          • 2. Re: Assign specific metadata for folder structures in the Content Server
            juescude
            tnks for your help, the problem was solved!