6 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2012 7:33 AM by 902119 RSS

how to give access to a sigle dashboard page only

Hi ,

Could anyone please suggest how could I give access to a single "dashboard page" only to an user using OBIEE Answers?

Thanks,
      BK.
        • 1. Re: how to give access to a sigle dashboard page only
          Satya Ranki Reddy
          Hi Bk,

Are you using 10g or 11g?

If 10g :

For restricting dashboard :

For restricting sections on dashboard page :

1. Dashboard -->Page Options -> Edit Dashboard -> click on Section Properties -> eache page we have Permissions ( Restrict users based on your requirement)-- You should change the permission as No Access to Everyone
          for more abt http://oraclebi.blog.com/tag/dashboard-section-permission/

OBIEE 11G:

Obiee 10g method also will work here .

I suppose you want to work with groups so user A belongs to group A and user B belongs to group B (think that will be the best practise in case of future changes).

In the em, you create 2 application roles fex roleA and roleB. You add user A to role A and the same for user B

Once done you go to your reporting environment and open the dashboard security for dash1. There you remove all application roles already granted access.Next you have to add your new application role A to this dashboard. You repeat these steps for dash2 by adding application role B.

Now user A should only see dash1 and user B only dash2.

Hope it help's

Thanks,
          Satya

Edited by: Satya Ranki Reddy on May 7, 2012 9:33 PM
          • 2. Re: how to give access to a sigle dashboard page only
            Hi,

thanks for the useful tips. i am working on obiee 10g. Actually, lets say we have a main dashboard on the top called "Income" and we have several tabs called "profit", "loss" (dashboard pages) under the main dashboard "Income". Now i want to give access to user "A" so that he can access only "profit" only and user "B" to access "loss" only. That's the requirement. Your solution gives me an idea though, but i guess within one tab (lets say "profit" dashboard page) you are trying to manipulate the things. but we need to give permission to the tab itself so that one user can see either profit or loss rather not both. Hope, the problem clears to you.

Thanks,
            BK.
            • 3. Re: how to give access to a sigle dashboard page only
              Satya Ranki Reddy
              Hi BK,

Have you tried as mention above method it will work your requirement.

Ex: Your Main Dashboard name -- Income

Your dashboard Pages -- Profit and Loss pages

Users list : A and B

A want to see only Profit page --- B Want to see Loss page only --- Am write?

Go--> Click Income Dashboard--> Click Page Option--> Edit dashboard-->left side top corner click dashboard properties --> here you can see Profit and loss dashboard pages--> click Profit page permission (lock symbol) --> Change permission No access to Everyone then Add user A only --- means In this page A only can able see this page because we changed permission to Everyone No Access.

Similarly B also add to Loss page and change to permission Everyone No Access.

Hope that help's

Thanks,
              Satya
              • 4. Re: how to give access to a sigle dashboard page only
                Diney
                HI RK,

For giving permissions for a dashboard page follw the below process

1.Go to settings->Administration->Manage Presentation Catalog->Click on the folder in which you had saved your Dashboard ->_Portal(If this is not shown for you mark the Show Hidden Items check box) ->Click on the Dashboard->It will shows the Dashbord pages and you can see the permission button(Lock Icon)

2.Give the permissions for the user.

In 11g also it is the same procedure go to the catalog and the folder.
                • 5. Re: how to give access to a sigle dashboard page only
                  Hi Diney,

Thank you so much for the valued steps. Really helps.

Thanks,
                  BK.
                  • 6. Re: how to give access to a sigle dashboard page only
                    Hi Satya,

Thank you very much for the valued steps. It's really helpful.

Thanks,
                    BK.