3 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 1:05 AM by Srinath Menon-Oracle RSS

Static watermark in pdf.

We have a PDF document, which should be signed by end user. Next time when someone view pdf from application or download it, system should show signature as watermark.

I have enabled signature and pdf watermarking. I am able to sign a document.

When I go to content infromation page, I see following information.

Web Location:      http://<server-address>:16200/cs/groups/public/documents/document/ndq0/mda0/~edisp/kbace43_4444004001.pdf
      Get Conversion      (HTML)
      Native File:      FormI9.pdf

All three are link but watermark only applears in web location link (http://<server-address>:16200/cs/groups/public/documents/document/ndq0/mda0/~edisp/kbace43_4444004001.pdf). When I download native file I don't see any watermark. I believe its because dynamic watermark only appears in weblayout of document.

In my custom UI I tried to show pdf as inline frame but its rendering native file so watermark is not appearing.

We want watermark information even if someone try to download the document, Should we go for static watermark?

As per documentation http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/doc.1111/e10978/c06_watermark.htm#BABJFHIJ, there are few prerequisites for static watermark
      1. User needs to check-in a new version. My question is if new version is getting checked in and watermark would get applied immediately then how user would sign that version.
      2. Document should go to IBR for conversion: I have pdf and it does not need any conversion, Can't I put static watermark on it?
      3. Is there any way (RIDC api) to get url of weblayout pdf

Thanks
      Sanjeev
        • 1. Re: Static watermark in pdf.
          Srinath Menon-Oracle
          Hi ,

In UCM watermarking is only available for the weblocation content and that too for PDF (in case for docs it has to be converted to PDF using IBR) .

Native contents are the input file for ucm which is processed and displayed in the web location url . This processing could be conversion from word to pdf and it is here that the content is watermarked .

Thanks
          Srinath
          • 2. Re: Static watermark in pdf.
            Hi Srinath, Thanks for reply.

I am still not very clear how to achieve following requirement

I have a pdf document stored in content server. User needs to sign it and his signature should be stored as watermark in pdf document.
            Can you plz let me know the steps to achieve it?

Thanks
            Sanjeev
            • 3. Re: Static watermark in pdf.
              Srinath Menon-Oracle
              Hi Sanjeev ,

Have you configured PDF Watermark component ? It needs to be set up with a Template and Rule on Watermark Admin applet so that when the content is checked in and matches the criteria then the web location content will be processed and the watermark created .

Thanks
              Srinath