4 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2012 9:32 AM by 674189 RSS

dashed lines ar not shown

Hello,
      in Forms 6i (Patch 17) and Forms 11G R2 I tried to draw a little line on the canvas. It should be in shown in dashed style. In the property-palette the property is shown as "dashed" but neither in the canvas and nor in the executed fmx. Always it appears as a full line. When sizing the line width to very fat the dashed line is visible in the canvas, but also not in the fmx. I want to draw a fine (1 point) dashed line.
      Am I facing a bug in formsbuilder?

Thanks in advance.
      best regards
      Eveline Merches
        • 1. Re: dashed lines ar not shown
          Michael Ferrante-Oracle
          Currently, formating on graphic objects and some font formating is not working/not supported in a web deployed form. See bugs 5042129 & 2726230
          • 2. Re: dashed lines ar not shown
            Thank you for answering.
            I wonder why it is such a great thing to display a dashed line. But for it is a bug and i faced it after ten years working with forms it's not the matter of a few years to solve it.

best regards
            Eveline Merches

Edited by: Evi Mer on 11.05.2012 09:42
            • 3. Re: dashed lines ar not shown
              Michael Ferrante-Oracle
              Remember that in the client/server days, the end-user form was a running C application. In the web world it is java. Although fixing the problem would not be too complex compared to other areas of the product code, this particular issue would likely be considered much less critical than others. Therefore, problems such as this often are put on the back-burner and sometimes not brought back to the foreground unless there is an obvious demand for it.

In the mean time, if it is a dashed line you need, there are several other ways in which you can simulate one. For example, you could use boiler plate text and use the minus sign "-" to create your own dashed line. You could also do the same with a display item. Actually, by using a display item you would gain programmatic control of it. Meaning, if you wanted to hide, move, or other wise change the line at runtime you could do this in your program code. With a graphic line you would not have any control at runtime.
              • 4. Re: dashed lines ar not shown
                Hi,
                you are right and first I have a Boilerplate-Text with '-'. But when migrating to 11G in the web the length was changed to type-migration. That would'nt be a matter if I could handle this in 11G. But our application stays to be developed in 6i, because most of our customers do not want to leave client-server. The most of them are little towns with low budget. There s no way to buy and administrate a weblogic-server.
                Therefore I migrate the application for the only one customer to 11G. After developing a new Version of our application I repeat this migration.
                To reduce work the most changes must be done in forms 6i. The dashed lines are part of it. I solve it by using full-lines, instead of dashed lines.
                I can try whether a display-Item will fix it better, allthough I think its the same with type-migration and the length. But goodness knows!

It is not a critical - only an optical issue.

best regards
                Eveline Merches