6 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 1:25 PM by EdStevens RSS

how to launch sqlplus with dynamic IP configuration to network adaptor

hi guru,
      This is my first post on oracle discussion forums.

i have machine red hat 5 with oracle 10g , i have enter static IP into network configuration(192.168.10.90). but with this setting i am not able to use internet.
      when i change the static IP to automatic then sqlplus is not launching and internet working with this setting fine .
      kindly tell me solution for this.so that i can use both thing simultaneously.

Thanaks
        • 1. Re: how to launch sqlplus with dynamic IP configuration to network adaptor
          sb92075
          932797 wrote:
          hi guru,

i have machine red hat 5 with oracle 10g , i have enter static IP into network configuration(192.168.10.90). but with this setting i am not able to use internet.
          when i change the static IP to automatic then sqlplus is not launching and internet working with this setting fine .
          sqlplus does not require any networking to successfully launch.

please use COPY & PASTE so we can see what you do & how Oracle responds
          • 2. Re: how to launch sqlplus with dynamic IP configuration to network adaptor
            sybrand_b
            The solution is usually to follow the installation documentation closely and to use the local loopback adapter.
            Sadly your first post indicates you ignored the Forums Etiquette and choose to annoy this forum by asking a doc question.

----------
            Sybrand Bakker
            Senior Oracle DBA
            • 3. Re: how to launch sqlplus with dynamic IP configuration to network adaptor
              EdStevens
              932797 wrote:
              hi guru,

Thanaks
              Is this under a virtualization product like VMware or Virtual Box?

What do you mean "sqlplus is not launching "? SQLPlus doesn't require any network at to start. It may require a network to connect to a particular datbase, but that is different from just starting up.
              • 4. Re: how to launch sqlplus with dynamic IP configuration to network adaptor
                ya i am using vm machine.

error is given below:-

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [keltnfy-ldmInit], [46], [1], [], [], [], [], []

when i change the /etc/hosts with ip

192.168.10.90 localhost.localdomain localhost

and along with this i change my adaptor setting with static IP as same then i am able to startup the database . otherwise it is giving same problem as given above.
                but i do not want to change my network adaptor IP to static ,coz with static i am not able to use internet on vm machine .
                so please tell me the solution for this.
                • 5. Re: how to launch sqlplus with dynamic IP configuration to network adaptor

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [keltnfy-ldmInit], [46], [1], [], [], [], [], []

and along with this i change my adaptor setting with static IP as same then i am able to startup the database . otherwise it is giving same problem as given above.
                  but i do not want to change my network adaptor IP to static ,coz with static i am not able to use internet on vm machine .
                  • 6. Re: how to launch sqlplus with dynamic IP configuration to network adaptor
                    EdStevens
                    Sanjay Delhi wrote:
                    ya i am using vm machine.

THere is nothing gained by posting identical content to two different responders. We are all reading the entire thread.

It sounds like you might be interested in this thread: Re: VirtualBox - somewhat off-topic