1 Reply Latest reply: May 8, 2012 9:03 AM by 823508 RSS

Oracle OTT generates error O2T-1117 Error reported by subsystem ORA-01017

When I run the OTT tool with the following arguments:
      ott userid=ayokomiz/******@ora11gm intype=ott_updatedata.inp outtype=ott_updatedata.out code=cpp hfile=mtgeclrm_updatedatadb.h cppfile=mtgeclrm_updatedatadb.cpp mapfile=mtgeclrm_updatedatadbmapping.cpp transitive=FALSE
      It gives me the following error:
      ========================================================================================

OTT: Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue May 08 09:49:36 EDT 2012

Copyright (c) 1999, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.

System default option values taken from: /bb/dist/db/oracle/oracle11/precomp/admin/ottcfg.cfg

O2T-1115, ERROR: Option transitive=FALSE is invalid

O2T-1117, Error reported by subsystem:
      ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

O2T-102, ERROR: Unable to connect to schema "ayokomiz"
      ========================================================================================
      I am sure the connection string in "userid" is correct, because I can connect to Oracle SqlPlus using the same connection string.
      Also, when I change it to another user's connection string, it works.
      The ottcfg.cfg file is empty. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by: user13469591 on May 8, 2012 6:57 AM
        • 1. Re: Oracle OTT generates error O2T-1117 Error reported by subsystem ORA-01017
          I managed to have a work-around this issue; I've added the following option: "-config=my.cfg" where my.cfg file contains:
          userid=ayokomiz/******@ora11gm
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          This makes it work. The string in the file is the same as the string in the "userid" option as a command-line argument. However, it points to a bug in the OTT tool.