0 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2012 1:58 PM by JDM RSS

UCM Spinning my server at 100% non stop - is this legitimate traffic?

JDM
      Hello,

We have an instance of UCM 11g serving our public website. It gets roughly 6000 visitors per day and quite a few hits. Still, it seems like the vitural iron (dual core vCPU and 4GB of RAM running on Win2K8) should be able to handle this load without being crushed.

The java.exe process hosting UCM gets into a mode where it spins the CPUs at 100% and just hangs there for hours or even days.

I can think of numerous things that could be happening, but I don't know the best way to determine if this is really just a case of a busy website running on underperforming hardware, some sort of very inefficient dynamic content creation, denial of service attempts, or some combination of these and possibly other problems.

Is there a quick way to know through UCM or Weblogic Server if I should be concerned? What are some basic diagnostic items one should check for? I am familiar with the mryiad of Weblogic metrics, but I don't really know understand how to interpret which numbers are "legit" and which ones I should be concerned with.

Please let me know what you think.

Best Regards,

JDM