1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 1, 2012 11:47 PM by Mick Andrew-Oracle RSS

Problem with custom skin  - NullPointerException

HI, I created a custom skin by using the standalone skin editor, and I deployed the project into a Jar file and import it in to JDeveloper (11.1.5.1), but somehow it shows exceptions when I run the application and giving a blank page. and strangely, my custom skin did not show up as an options in the available list in the ADF View from the property page. could any one give me some suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you!

Here is the exception code:
      module:HkhsBpmsWebApplication path:/HkhsBpmsWebApplication spec-version:2.5 version:V2.0]] Servlet failed with Exception
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.put(ConcurrentHashMap.java:881)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.style.cache.FileSystemStyleCache._getStyleContextResolvedSkinProperties(FileSystemStyleCache.java:781)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.style.cache.FileSystemStyleCache._createEntry(FileSystemStyleCache.java:596)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.style.cache.FileSystemStyleCache._getEntry(FileSystemStyleCache.java:459)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.style.cache.FileSystemStyleCache.getStyleSheetURIs(FileSystemStyleCache.java:183)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.StyleSheetRenderer.encodeAll(StyleSheetRenderer.java:97)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.render.CoreRenderer.encodeEnd(CoreRenderer.java:335)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIXComponentBase.java:767)
      at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:937)
      at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.rich.DocumentRenderer._renderSkinStylesheet(DocumentRenderer.java:2091)
      at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.rich.DocumentRenderer.encodeAll(DocumentRenderer.java:978)
      at oracle.adf.view.rich.render.RichRenderer.encodeAll(RichRenderer.java:1396)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.render.CoreRenderer.encodeEnd(CoreRenderer.java:335)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIXComponentBase.java:767)
      at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:937)
      at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:933)
      at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.doRenderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:266)
      at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:197)
      at javax.faces.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:189)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:193)
      at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl._renderResponse(LifecycleImpl.java:800)
      at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl._executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:294)
      at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:214)
      at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:266)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
      at oracle.adf.model.servlet.ADFBindingFilter.doFilter(ADFBindingFilter.java:205)
      at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RegistrationFilter.doFilter(RegistrationFilter.java:106)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:446)
      at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.activedata.AdsFilter.doFilter(AdsFilter.java:60)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:446)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:271)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:177)
      at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:92)
      at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter$1.run(JpsAbsFilter.java:111)
      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at oracle.security.jps.util.JpsSubject.doAsPrivileged(JpsSubject.java:313)
      at oracle.security.jps.ee.util.JpsPlatformUtil.runJaasMode(JpsPlatformUtil.java:413)
      at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.runJaasMode(JpsAbsFilter.java:94)
      at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.doFilter(JpsAbsFilter.java:161)
      at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsFilter.doFilter(JpsFilter.java:71)
      at oracle.dms.servlet.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:136)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3715)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3681)
      at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
      at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2277)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2183)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1454)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
        • 1. Re: Problem with custom skin  - NullPointerException
          Mick Andrew-Oracle
          Hi,

This seems to be related to your OS locale, I had a similar issue with some developers in China, my windows 7 system was set to Singapore and my formats to English (Singapore), my colleagues was set to Multibyte Chinese (not sure if it was Simlified or Traditional). Everything ran fine for me but they had this error. When they changed their windows format setting to English (United States) the problem was fixed.

We were using ADF Skin Editor 11.1.2.2 and importing the custom skin into JDeveloepr 11.1.1.6.

Try this as a work-around.

Cheers,

Mick.