3 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 10:17 AM by gimbal2 RSS

words used in jsf technology

Hi,
      I just began to learn jsf technology, but some technical words can't be understood clearly as listed below

1.what is mojarra, do i need to know this concept,.
      2.what is the concept of myfaces project.
      3. what kind of maven project is, and if we dont use this, will there be any problem

Thanx
        • 1. Re: words used in jsf technology
          gimbal2
          inam wrote:
          Hi,
          I just began to learn jsf technology, but some technical words can't be understood clearly as listed below

1.what is mojarra, do i need to know this concept,.
          JSF, like most things in Java land, is only a specification. Mojarra is the name of the implementation of that specification as built and delivered by Oracle. An alternative to Mojarra is Apache Myfaces. To put it more plainly: if you want to use JSF in a project, you will need either Mojarra or MyFaces.
          2.what is the concept of myfaces project.
          See 1.
          3. what kind of maven project is, and if we dont use this, will there be any problem
          Maven among other things is a tool to manage different facets of a project, from building to testing to deployment and even release management. If a project is structured to be managed through Maven, you'll have difficulties doing anything without it. You can easily identify when a project is "built for Maven" when it has a pom.xml file in its root.
          • 2. cleary understood by your answer
            Hello gible2
            if i dont use maven in my project, there will be any problem,,, can the project be successfully developed without it. if i would use this maven project management tool, how it is can be used,, i saw somewhere, that i will have to download the maven software and install...but i m getting a zip file for maven where there is no set up file. how can i install please help me

thanx a lot
            • 3. Re: cleary understood by your answer
              gimbal2
              Of course you can. Maven is there to solve common problems, not to make development possible. It is perfectly possible to use for example Netbeans or Eclipse to manage a project, or do everything by hand (not recommended). But yeah, it isn't easy. It will require lots of reading, study and experimentation before you'll get anywhere.
              . if i would use this maven project management tool, how it is can be used
              It starts by reading the manual. In the case of Maven I would advise a book
              but i m getting a zip file for maven where there is no set up file. how can i install please help me
              It starts by reading the installation and setup guide. Or a good book.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear: both JSF and Maven are quite advanced technologies. If you're new to all of this, you have many weeks or months of study ahead of you before you will be productive. You are not going to do this by peppering questions to forums. I hope you know at least basic Java - if not then you're really in trouble.