This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 10, 2012 2:08 AM by nigeldeakin RSS

JMS destination

936275 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I´m new to JMS and i still don´t understand how can i use a JMS queue to access APIs or webservice.

Given an example where i have an API or WebService exposed to enter customer orders in some system, how can i integrate my JMS queue with it?

* Do i have to create message consumers on the remote server? If so, how do i integrate the messages in the consumer queue with my API or WebService?
* Can the queue on my server point directly to the API or WebService?

thanks...
  • 1. Re: JMS destination
    nigeldeakin Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    933272 wrote:
    I´m new to JMS and i still don´t understand how can i use a JMS queue to access APIs or webservice.

Given an example where i have an API or WebService exposed to enter customer orders in some system, how can i integrate my JMS queue with it?

* Do i have to create message consumers on the remote server? If so, how do i integrate the messages in the consumer queue with my API or WebService?
    * Can the queue on my server point directly to the API or WebService?
    JMS is a Java API for sending messages to, and receiving messages from. a JMS queue (or JMS topic). The JMS queue or topic runs in a JMS server somewhere: there are several JMS servers available, some free, some non-free. That's basically all there is to it. You need to write the Java code that sends the messages to (and receives the messages from) the JMS queue, so you can decide where it runs and how it is related to the rest of your system.

Nigel

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points