I'm using Grdi Engine 6.2u7 and am trying to get ARCO to connect to a backend Oracle RAC database using the service name. So far I have been successful in getting ARCO to connect using the instance name but if the RAC service fails-over to another database node the instance name will change and ARCO will loose it's database connection.
In the following examples the values used are:
- RAC scan name: scan.domain
- Server names: host_1 and host_2
- Instance names: arco_1 on server host_1 and arco_2 on host_2
- Service name: arco.domain
As mentioned above, using the instance name ARCO can connect to the database with the following url:
I tried to get it to connect using the service name:
but get an error:
../sgedbwriter: syntax error at line5: `DBWRITER_URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@'
I then editted dbwriter.conf and tried enclosing the url with quotes, first single quotes then double quotes, but then get a different error in both cases:
- dbwriter.ReportingDBWriter.run|E|Database type for url <the url string> is not supported
I have also tried a couple of examples I found on the net: