This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 9:31 AM by 894969 RSS

Open project error in Netbeans 7.1.2

894969 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I've just spent the time updating to Netbeans 7.1.2 and Java 1.7u4.

All was configured as per :

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/mac/mac-jdk.html

I then created a Java project and then also one of the JavaFX sample projects, all ran fine as expected.

Then I downloaded and opened the WebViewSample project (Last Updated: April 2012) from :

http://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/webview/jfxpub-webview.htm

It gives me errors, which likely originate in a broken ant script for the WebViewSample project, here is a output from the console :

init:
deps-jar:
Created dir: /Users/Stardrive/Desktop/HTML5/1 HYBRID-shell-JavaFX/project-WebViewSample/build
Updating property file: /Users/Stardrive/Desktop/HTML5/1 HYBRID-shell-JavaFX/project-WebViewSample/build/built-jar.properties
Created dir: /Users/Stardrive/Desktop/HTML5/1 HYBRID-shell-JavaFX/project-WebViewSample/build/classes
Created dir: /Users/Stardrive/Desktop/HTML5/1 HYBRID-shell-JavaFX/project-WebViewSample/build/empty
Created dir: /Users/Stardrive/Desktop/HTML5/1 HYBRID-shell-JavaFX/project-WebViewSample/build/generated-sources/ap-source-output
Compiling 1 source file to /Users/Stardrive/Desktop/HTML5/1 HYBRID-shell-JavaFX/project-WebViewSample/build/classes
Note: /Users/Stardrive/Desktop/HTML5/1 HYBRID-shell-JavaFX/project-WebViewSample/src/webviewsample/Main.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
Copying 7 files to /Users/Stardrive/Desktop/HTML5/1 HYBRID-shell-JavaFX/project-WebViewSample/build/classes
compile:
Created dir: /Users/Stardrive/Desktop/HTML5/1 HYBRID-shell-JavaFX/project-WebViewSample/dist
Detected JavaFX Ant API version 1.1
/Users/Stardrive/Desktop/HTML5/1 HYBRID-shell-JavaFX/project-WebViewSample/nbproject/jfx-impl.xml:878: ERROR: jfxrt.jar needs to be on classpath for -createbss and for -createJar without -nocss2bin
BUILD FAILED (total time: 3 seconds)

Likely the WebViewSample project on the Oracle site needs a tweak, as part of all other JDK and IDE updates? That is the best way to make all JavaFX users happier. Please let me know when this fix is ready or how to fix it in the meantime, thanks.
  • 1. Re: Open project error in Netbeans 7.1.2
    894969 Newbie
    I tried running with a fresh copy of WebViewSample resulting in the same error on OS X 10.7.3. When attempting to run the project Netbeans gives me the following report about compensating for recent changes in Java but the error I posted in my prior email remains the same. How can I run this sample?

The change report :

==================================
    WebViewSample build script updated
    ==================================

Project build script file jfx-impl.xml in nbproject sub-directory has not been recognized
    as compliant with this version of NetBeans JavaFX support module. To ensure correct
    and complete functionality within this NetBeans installation the script file has been
    backed up to jfx-impl_backup.xml and then updated to the currently supported state.

FX Project build script auto-update may be triggered on project open either after
    NetBeans installation update or by manual changes in jfx-impl.xml. Please note that
    changing jfx-impl.xml manually is not recommended. Any build customization code should
    be placed only in build.xml in project root directory.

Remark: The auto-update mechanism can be disabled by setting property
    javafx.disable.autoupdate=true
    Automatic opening of this notification when project files are updated can be disabled by setting property
    javafx.disable.autoupdate.notification=true
    (in build.properties, private.properties ot project.properties).

Remark: Files nbproject/jfx-impl_backup*.xml and this file nbproject/UPDATED.TXT
    are not used when building the project and can be freely deleted.
  • 2. Re: Open project error in Netbeans 7.1.2
    894969 Newbie
    Are there extra steps I'm still missing to get this running?
  • 3. Re: Open project error in Netbeans 7.1.2
    894969 Newbie
    Is this a OS X only issue?
  • 4. Re: Open project error in Netbeans 7.1.2
    gimbal2 Guru
    You realize that you're having a discussion with yourself right? These questions belong on a Netbeans mailinglist, the one that relates to the JavaFX plugin.
  • 5. Re: Open project error in Netbeans 7.1.2
    894969 Newbie
    Wonderful that you guys are on the ball over there, LOL. Sorry that I had keep driving my question and how should I know its a Netbeans issue? How can ignoring a question posted in the most obvious place be professional? Now I have to join yet another Oracle list, JavaFX and the word pain are becoming more synonymous. Likely Oracle is understaffing JavaFX while pumping lost money into taking on Android and Google, how sad to say the least.
  • 6. Re: Open project error in Netbeans 7.1.2
    RichardBair Journeyer
    Ya, the salaries of well over 100 people constitutes "understaffing" ;-)
  • 7. Re: Open project error in Netbeans 7.1.2
    894969 Newbie
    Sweet, just let me know if/when you manage to go mobile :-)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points