4 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 4:44 PM by 936534 RSS

instllation EBS R12 on lunix enterprise vmware

hey everyone

i need to know how to make vm contain linux and install oracle ebs R 12 on it .
      i have oracle linux and source of ebs R 12 and my Os is win 7 ultimate 64bit my lap is hp probook i5 8 giga ram and i made a partion 295 giga to install vmware .
        • 1. Re: instllation EBS R12 on lunix enterprise vmware
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          i need to know how to make vm contain linux and install oracle ebs R 12 on it .
          i have oracle linux and source of ebs R 12 and my Os is win 7 ultimate 64bit my lap is hp probook i5 8 giga ram and i made a partion 295 giga to install vmware .
          Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86 [ID 761564.1]
          Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation Guide: Using Rapid Install
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B53825_08/current/acrobat/121oaig.pdf

VMware Documentation
          http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: instllation EBS R12 on lunix enterprise vmware
            thanks hussien but i just need information i tried to get it from vmware site but i couldn't get it and it's about required space for installation i made a partion 295 giga and i put source of ebs and linux in another partion i need to know 295 giga will be enough or not and i will make partion compressed i ask this question because i gone with my lap to my friend and he is DBA and he made vm then stop at the beging of EBS setup and i back home it take about 2 hours and stoped because no more free space in partion but this time i tried to install it with 245 giga only and source of ebs also in same partion but i couldn't see it from windows soo i need to know 295 will be enough or i must make new partion for it .
            and thanks for helping
            • 3. Re: instllation EBS R12 on lunix enterprise vmware
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              thanks hussien but i just need information i tried to get it from vmware site but i couldn't get it and it's about required space for installation i made a partion 295 giga and i put source of ebs and linux in another partion i need to know 295 giga will be enough or not and i will make partion compressed i ask this question because i gone with my lap to my friend and he is DBA and he made vm then stop at the beging of EBS setup and i back home it take about 2 hours and stoped because no more free space in partion but this time i tried to install it with 245 giga only and source of ebs also in same partion but i couldn't see it from windows soo i need to know 295 will be enough or i must make new partion for it .
              The total space required for a standard system (not including the stage area) is 85 GB for a fresh install with a production database, and 233 GB for a fresh install with a Vision Demo database.

Running Rapid Install from a stage area requires at least 47 GB to accommodate the file system and database files in the stage area.

So, you need almost a total of 150 GB for fresh database (including stage area directory) and almost a total of 290 GB for Vision Demo database (including stage area directory).

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation Guide: Using Rapid Install -- Page 1-10
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B53825_08/current/acrobat/121oaig.pdf

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: instllation EBS R12 on lunix enterprise vmware
                thanks hussien for helpful information i will keep it in mind when i install it .