7 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 12:51 AM by 777332 RSS

Solaris 11 has been certified by MQ 7 ?

does anyone know about Solaris 11 has been certified by MQ 7 ?
      if not, does solaris 11 has roadmap to certify MQ 7? what is the time plan?

Thank you and Regards,
      allen
        • 1. Re: Solaris 11 has been certified by MQ 7 ?
          What is MQ 7* ?

This forum is viewable by the entire globe.
          If you want to be understood you need to realize that people with manyt different native languages may not use abbreviations that are familiar to you.
          • 2. Re: Solaris 11 has been certified by MQ 7 ?
            hi rukbat,

I know this forum view by entire globe.
            MQ 7 is the IBM message queue (MQ), the version is 7.
            do you know this good message queue product which is popular in bank ? and do you know when it will certified by solaris 11?
            • 3. Re: Solaris 11 has been certified by MQ 7 ?
              allendream wrote:
              hi rukbat,

I know this forum view by entire globe.
              MQ 7 is the IBM message queue (MQ), the version is 7.
              do you know this good message queue product which is popular in bank ? and do you know when it will certified by solaris 11?
              Go ask IBM.
              They know their product and whatever it might require.

You should have started there.
              • 4. Re: Solaris 11 has been certified by MQ 7 ?
                who are you?
                do you on behalf of Oracle company about this point of view?

Solaris 11 is the new OS product and just release not for a long time, so it need to be certified by popular softwares in order to be make it more popular with customers in every industry, including bank.
                if many software not support solaris 11, who will use this new OS product? how to prove it is useable?

Do you know, your attitude is very stupid.
                • 5. Re: Solaris 11 has been certified by MQ 7 ?
                  allendream wrote:
                  who are you?
                  I am a participant in these technical forums, just as you are.
                  do you on behalf of Oracle company about this point of view?
                  I am not an Oracle employee, if that is what you are asking. I don't get paid for participating.
                  Solaris 11 is the new OS product and just release not for a long time, so it need to be certified by popular softwares in order to be make it more popular with customers in every industry, including bank.
                  Yes, the creator of an application needs to do the certification of an OS, not the other way around.
                  Your thinking happens to be backward on this question.
                  if many software not support solaris 11, who will use this new OS product? how to prove it is useable?
                  Do you know, your attitude is very stupid.
                  You are new to these forums and you immediately pose an attitude and make rude comments.
                  Don't let the joining date that appears next to my username mislead you. I have been contributing to these forums (and to the Sun Microsystems forums before them) for almost 15 years. That 2010 date is simply when all the various forums, their contributors, and their postings were merged together.

... and by the way, I'm also one of the score-or-so of volunteer forum moderators that are charged with maintaining decorum around here.
                  • 6. Re: Solaris 11 has been certified by MQ 7 ?
                    Nik
                    According
                    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp

About WebSphere MQ7.
                    Supported Solaris version:
                    SPARC: Solaris 9, 10
                    x86 : Solaris 10

Oracle can't sertifed Solaris 11 for MQ7, becouse only IBM can say it will work or not.

But You can install at Solaris 11 branded zones with Solaris 10 and use this zone for MQ7.

But again, only IBM can give answer: this configuration will be souuported or not.

Regards.
                    • 7. Re: Solaris 11 has been certified by MQ 7 ?
                      oh, sorry for that i mistake you are expert of solaris