3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2013 2:51 PM by Sudhakar_B RSS

problems with displaying data in graphs

nf018
      Hi everybody,
      I built an adf application which contains graph binding then I deployed it succesfully but when I want to load this graph I get the following error in log server:

<ImageViewRendererUtils> <renderXML> Could not export XML to ResponseWriter
      oracle.dss.util.transform.TransformRuntimeException
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at oracle.dss.util.transform.CubicDataAccess.getValue(CubicDataAccess.java:908)
      at oracle.dss.util.transform.CubicDataAccess.getValue(CubicDataAccess.java:1448)
      at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.bi.util.DataAccessDecorator.getValue(DataAccessDecorator.java:53)
      at oracle.dss.graph.DataCallback.getValue(DataCallback.java:422)
      at oracle.dss.graph.DataCallback.getValue(DataCallback.java:379)

Thanks for your help.

Edited by: nf018 on May 11, 2012 9:17 AM
        • 1. Re: problems with displaying data in graphs
          Raghusrinivasan-Oracle
          Hi,

I get the same exception on a Graph. Were you able to resolve the issue?
          -Raghu
          • 2. Re: problems with displaying data in graphs
            Tmcginn-Oracle
            I was having this same problem after having created a demo application that displays a
            graph of the employee salary data using Oracle's XE built-in HR database.

I am using Jdeveloper 11.1.1.6.0.

After some experimenting, I found I could eliminate the error by changing the setting of
            CacheResults in the Iterator from the default <true> to false. Granted, this will affect performance, but
            it is a work-around. I think that the error is that the data from element is not being stored anywhere for
            the graph element to pick up (this may be due to partial-page rendering (ppr), but I am not sure.)

Open your .jspx file in the editor. Select the graph component. Click on the Bindings tab at the bottom.
            You should see a binding between a graph component (under Bindings) to an Iterator (Executable) to
            a Data Control element.

Click on the Iterator, and under Advanced, set the CacheResults to false and rerun the application.

Hope this helps.
            • 3. Re: problems with displaying data in graphs
              Sudhakar_B
              Awesome investigation and good suggestion.
              Ran into EXACT same problem and changing the CacheResults to false solves the null pointer exception.

Thanks.

Edited by: Sudhakar_B on Mar 2, 2013 3:51 PM