This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2012 5:13 AM by 838276 RSS

Kanban cards

836910 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Are you able to change the size and number of kanban cards or do you make existing cards inactive and create new cards
  • 1. Re: Kanban cards
    Mahendra Journeyer
    DP wrote:
    Are you able to change the size and number of kanban cards or do you make existing cards inactive and create new cards
    I guess you have to make the card inactive after it is full..to generate the new cards...
    system won't allow you to create new cards...without making existing cards to inactive or maybe cancelled

HTH
    Mahendra
  • 2. Re: Kanban cards
    836910 Newbie
    I have found that a simple personalisation to make the field update will work - does anyone know if there are any bad consequences for allowing kanban cards quantity field to be updated in this way?
  • 3. Re: Kanban cards
    Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant Guru
    Doing personalizations to force a field to be updatable is as good (or bad) as doing a table update.
    For Kanban cards, updating size could have bad ramifications. Try to avoid that.

Sandeep Gandhi
  • 4. Re: Kanban cards
    938993 Newbie
    I understand that Updating size when kanban is full or in process may have bad ramifications - i would like to kow what they might be.

However

If we only allow update to kanban size when status is empty - what bad ramifications might occur ?

thanks
  • 5. Re: Kanban cards
    Mahendra Journeyer
    935990 wrote:
    I understand that Updating size when kanban is full or in process may have bad ramifications - i would like to kow what they might be.

However

If we only allow update to kanban size when status is empty - what bad ramifications might occur ?

thanks
    I really can't understand..as what is the main business reason for this update..

why can't you generate new cards?
  • 6. Re: Kanban cards
    938993 Newbie
    kanban card numbers are used in interfaced systems. Cards are created manually with 'meaningful' naming. client wishes to retain original card number, hence make changes to existing card sizes directly
  • 7. Re: Kanban cards
    838276 Newbie
    You dont need to inactivate current kanban cards. go into its corresponding pull sequences and change the qty's. That will flush throug the its linked cards.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points