This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 5:48 AM by rukbat RSS

Edward Burn has developed jsf

934730 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi sir

As we know Edward Burn has developed jsf technology means what,,, has he given jsf specification (API) or anything else. Or I m getting the things wrong.

Second thing is that, if he has already given the specification(API), then again why third parties are developing jsf-api.jar files, for example apache tomcat's myfaces-

api.jar cum myfaces-impl.jar. Only they should give the implementation jar file in response to that jsf API.

Please dont get angry.

Best Regards
Inam
  • 1. Re: Edward Burn has developed jsf
    EJP Guru
    As we know Edward Burn has developed jsf technology
    No, 'we' don't 'know' that at all.
    means what
    I don't know what you mean by it. It's your statement. It's also incorrect.

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You made up a statement that isn't even true, and you're asking us what it means.
    Or I'm getting the things wrong.
    Yes.

A person called Ed Burns was the 'co-specification lead' on the JSF project and he also appears to have done a lot of the coding of Sun's implementation. (He has certainly fixed bugs for me.) You can easily find out what those terms mean if you look. But first you have to get the terms right. Not just make them up.
    Second thing is that, if he has already given the specification(API), then again why third parties are developing jsf-api.jar files, for example apache tomcat's myfaces-
    Because it's a specification.
    Only they should give the implementation jar file in response to that jsf API.
    Exactly. If that's a statement it answers your previous question. If it's mean to be another question, it isn't.
  • 2. Re: Edward Burn has developed jsf
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    Moderator Action:
    @ O.P.
    After the first response to your original post you edited it to be something entirely different.

This thread is now locked.
    Other moderators might now think to review all your posts for whether they are valid inquiries or just troll posts.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points