3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 2:32 PM by h3sol RSS

Forms Services install - error creating Forms domain

griff365
      Building a new install (not an upgrade) of Weblogic with OIM(OID) and Forms Services on Linux (OEL 5u5) as a Virtual Machine on Virtual Box.

Components installed so far:
      Oracle Enterprise Linux 5u5 64 bit
      Database 11.2.0.3
      Repository Creation Utility 11.1.1.6 - used to create Metadata Repository in 11.2.0.3 DB instance
      Weblogic Server 10.3.6 - created basic domain
      Oracle Identity Manager 11.1.1.6 - then extended basic domain to include OIM managed weblogic servers

All the above has installed successfully with no reported errors and seems to be working correctly.
      I can use the deployed ODSM application to login, view and manage the OID schema.

Installing Oracle Forms Services 11.1.1.6

Now I am trying to install Forms services:
      I did a "software only" install of Forms 11.1.1.2 followed by a "software only" patch install of 11.1.1.6
      Both completed successfully.

Creating Forms Domain
      Finally I run config.sh to create a new Forms Domain - my understanding is that it can't share an existing WebLogic domain.
      When I try and create the Domain I get an error at the very first step.
      The UI says:
      "Step Creating Domain Failed"
      "Configuration Action 'Creating Domain' has failed. Please check logs for details."

I've found this message in the log file: install2012-05-14_01-55-52PM.out

Executing Task: Creating Domain
      XXX: adding task: oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.DomainProvisioningTask
      AdminServer port is 7006
      trying to connect to retail.orvdi.com 7006
      Creating Weblogic Domain.
      oracle.as.provisioning.exception.ASProvWorkflowException
           at oracle.as.provisioning.weblogic.ASDomain._createDomain(ASDomain.java:2630)
           at oracle.as.provisioning.weblogic.ASDomain.createDomain(ASDomain.java:2476)
           at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor._createDomain(WorkFlowExecutor.java:633)
           at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor.executeWLSWorkFlow(WorkFlowExecutor.java:391)
           at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.Config.executeConfigWorkflow_WLS(Config.java:866)
           at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.StandardWorkFlowExecutor.execute(StandardWorkFlowExecutor.java:65)
           at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.AbstractProvisioningTask.execute(AbstractProvisioningTask.java:26)
           at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.standard.StandardProvisionTaskList.execute(StandardProvisionTaskList.java:61)
           at oracle.as.install.classic.ca.ClassicConfigMain.doExecute(ClassicConfigMain.java:124)
           at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.client.ConfigAction.execute(ConfigAction.java:371)
           at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.run(TaskPerformer.java:88)
           at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.startConfigAction(TaskPerformer.java:105)
           at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.ActionRequest.perform(ActionRequest.java:15)
           at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.RequestQueue.perform(RequestQueue.java:64)
           at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.standard.StandardConfigActionManager.start(StandardConfigActionManager.java:160)
           at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.boot.ConfigurationExtension.kickstart(ConfigurationExtension.java:81)
           at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.ConfigurationModule.run(ConfigurationModule.java:86)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)