This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
Does the x260 have a remote management card that lets you get a KVM and Virtual Media? If so, maybe try that.. we need to do that for our HP DL 585's. We do had no issue installing OVM 2.2 via CDROM, but 3.X had the same problem as you.
I have same problem. I was able to burn 2.2.2 ISO image on CD and installed VM Server 2.2.2 on my HP xw9400 x64 server. When it comes to VM Server 3.1.1, the CDROM installation does not work. However, I find a workaround which works if you can install VSFTPD on another Linux to serve as FTP server. Here is the link which show you how to install VSFTPD on your Linux machine:
The default setting will allow anonymous ftp to /pub director which is sitting in /var/ftp/pub.
After you have setup the FTP server on your Linux box, here are steps on your Linux box:
1. As root, upload V32478-01.iso to your Linux box
2. Mount to the iso image.
3. As root, create a directory /var/ftp/pub/vm311 (for example) in your Linux box
4. cd to the iso image mount point
5. Copy every to /var/ftp/pub/vm311
Here are the steps to install VM 3.1.1:
1. When you see the page that asks you installation media type, choose FTP. This is also the page that you chose CDROM previously and hit this issue.
2. Enter your Linux box IP address as FTP server IP
3. Enter /pub/vm311 as FTP directory where the VM server data is stored.
4. Choose the network interface that can reach your Linux box. In my case, I use eth0.
5. The rest of installation is similar to your 2.x installation.
Hope this help.
I have same problem. Till OVM Server 3.1.1 I used remotely installation as Virtual Media mounting installation ISO and everything went fine. Now, with OVM Server 3.1.1 ISO I cannot install, it breaks down on running anaconda... part - abnormal termination. I checked ISO file, by running on VirtualBox and that's ok.
Hope someone helps.
Have the same problem with anaconda crashing out using HTTP as the source to install OVM 3.11 server.
Any possible solution on this? I'll try installation over FTP server and let you know.
BTW, also installation of OVM Manager 3.1.1 (not Upgrade!) have error when I try to install with "Production" option, unexpectedly it jumps part when I need to choose existing or install on new database, so I used Upgrade from OVMM 3.0.3.
I'm really surprised how these apparently buggy ISOs can be avaliable for download :/
Hope we'll solve this one.