1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 4:59 AM by gimbal2 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Creating new JSF2 pages from a running Servlet (3.0) or JSF2 page?
        EJP
        I think Alfresco is also JSF based, don't know which version. I wasn't encouraged by any of them as components though. Apache Cocoon-Mina/whatever it is was potentially the best of the lot from that point of view, as it has a well defined pipeline architecture you can hook into, but I got turned right off when I went to see how to create a new page template and found you had to write Java code! What on earth were they thinking? In a CMS?
        • 16. Re: Creating new JSF2 pages from a running Servlet (3.0) or JSF2 page?
          gimbal2
          EJP wrote:
          I think Alfresco is also JSF based, don't know which version.
          Hm, I quote from the Alfresco website:

"Standards Driven Based on industry standard development tools (Java, *Spring*, Java Script, Freemarker, XMLT, etc.)"

That doesn't mean that the "etc" part includes JSF but when I see Spring mentioned, I'd say that the chance is slim. Looks like a cool product though, of course with a nice commercial license attached to it :) I wouldn't expect less from something that appears to be quite polished.

EDIT: oh, there is also a free community version.
          1 2 Previous Next