4 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 5:13 AM by Arik RSS

Dehydrate Activity Halting the BPEL Process

Hi All,

I have created a synchronous BPEL process which invokes 2 other Web Services synchronously.After each of these invoke activity i have placed a Dehydrate Activity(for complying with the JAudit Rules).During the service Execution my BPEL process is getting halted(and hence errored) at these Dehydrate points.If I remove my dehydrate activity my flow is working fine.The message Im getting at this point in the flow diagram in Em is
      " BPEL "dehydrate" extension activity is executed. This is a dehydration point. Following execution will continue in another thread/transaction."

is there any other configuration that i need to do for the dehydrate Activity?

Regards,
      Ajin.
        • 1. Re: Dehydrate Activity Halting the BPEL Process
          veejai24
          Ideally Dehydrate activity will be used for long running processes, which are Asynchronous and while wating for the result if you have dehydrate activitiy configured then it will put the state in database.

I think you cannot use this on synchronous, as synchronous will not have the luxury as Asynchronous process to wait for the result.

Regarding the configuration consered i think what ever you did is correct.

Thanks,
          Vijay
          • 2. Re: Dehydrate Activity Halting the BPEL Process
            veejai24
            Ideally Dehydrate activity will be used for long running processes, which are Asynchronous and while wating for the result if you have dehydrate activitiy configured then it will put the state in database.

I think you cannot use this on synchronous, as synchronous will not have the luxury as Asynchronous process to wait for the result.

Regarding the configuration consered i think what ever you did is correct.

Thanks,
            Vijay
            • 3. Re: Dehydrate Activity Halting the BPEL Process
              veejai24

Regarding the configuration concerned i think what ever you did is correct.

Thanks,
              Vijay
              • 4. Re: Dehydrate Activity Halting the BPEL Process
                Arik
                Ajin,

The Dehydrate Activity "acts as a dehydration point to automatically maintain long-running asynchronous processes and their current state information in a database while they wait for asynchronous callbacks".

You can insted set the property "nonBlockingInvoke" to true (on the synch' calee process). You can find it if you double click on the partner link-> property->create property->choose nonBlockingInvoke, and change the value to true.
                You will see that after the completion of the invoke there is a message in the dehydration store.
                The 'nonBlockingInvoke' actually force the synch' process to create another thread and not use the current one.

Arik