This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 7:35 AM by 715855 RSS

To set Insert Allowed property dynamically

715855 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to set the Insert allowed to true on child region: submarkets based on if blocked flag on parent region:market is set to ‘Y’ i.e Blocked flag on the parent is checked.

Here is the isert allowed property that used on the child region:
#{jhsUserRoles['ADMIN, BR'] && bindings.BlockingRuleBlockingRuleStatus.inputValue =='In Process' && bindings.BlockingRuleMarketBlockedFlag.inputValue =='Y'}
But it is behaving reversely. When the blocked flag is not checked (I can see the corresponding View attribute has a value 'N'), I could see the plus symbol on the SubMarket region. When blocked flag of Market is checked ((I can see the corresponding View attribute has a value 'Y'), then I could not see the plus symbol on the Submarket. This is happening wheather I use BlockingRuleMarketBlockedFlag.inputValue =='Y' or BlockingRuleMarketBlockedFlag.inputValue =='N'. Can anyone suggest?

Thanks, Pradeep
  • 1. Re: To set Insert Allowed property dynamically
    Steven Davelaar Employee ACE
    Pradeep,

Can you create a dummy output text on your page with this expression to see how it evaluates?

Also, create dummy output text for the expression parts: #{bindings.BlockingRuleBlockingRuleStatus.inputValue} and #{bindings.BlockingRuleMarketBlockedFlag.inputValue}.

Note that you might have to use .attributeValue instead of .inputValue if your are using a list binding with these attributes.

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart team.
  • 2. Re: To set Insert Allowed property dynamically
    715855 Newbie
    Steve,

Using of #{bindings.BlockingRuleMarketBlockedFlag.attributeValue} solves the problem instead of #{bindings.BlockingRuleMarketBlockedFlag.inputValue}

The dummy output item #{bindings.BlockingRuleMarketBlockedFlag.attributeValue} shows as Y/N depending on the current row BlcokedFlag is checked or not. where as #{bindings.BlockingRuleMarketBlockedFlag.inputValue} shows as true/false. So the expression #{bindings.BlockingRuleMarketContainChilds.attributeValue == 'Y'} returning the correct results where as the expression #{bindings.BlockingRuleMarketContainChilds.inputValue == 'Y'} always returning true.(I am surprised that it is not returning false)

Thanks, Pradeep

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points