1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 6, 2012 3:15 AM by user12138731 RSS

Instantclient on Windows XP (x86) ODBC Error

Trying to deploy instantclient w/ODBC on Windows XP.

Unzipped files to c:\oracle\instantclient_11_2.
      Ran odbc_install.exe.
      Added c:\oracle\instantclient_11_2 to path.
      Created/set TNS_ADMIN environment variable.

Running windows ODBC Data Source Administrator to add Oracle data source gives following error:

"The setup routines for the Oracle in instantclient_11_2 ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 14001."

Click OK. Next dialog box says:

"Could not load the setup or translator library."

Any ideas?

The instantclient distribution works fine with the same setup procedure. I'm not new to instantclient--been using it for at least a year with great success. Just trying to use the latest version of the instantclient software on this computer. I also notice that the base distribution includes a number of dll files that are not included with the base distribution. These include a number of mfc*.dll and msv*.dll files. Does instantclient no longer support XP installs as of the release? Did Oracle forget to include a bunch of dll files in the base window x86 distribution? Did the deployment procedure change between and Am I installing incorrectly?

We can fall back to the distribution temporarily. But I'd like to get the newest distribution working for our XP computers.

Thank you for your assistance.