3 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 1:58 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Specific User's PC unable to load java

abeyer
      We have one user who is unable to open any of the forms in our test instances, but can do so in Production. We are at JRE 1.6_27. Obviously our Production and Test instances are on two different servers, which makes me think that it is an internet explorer or java setting that is preventing access to the Java on the test side. The user gets prompted with the "Welcome To Java" installation screen everytime he tries to access it. If he tries to install it, it says it's already installed. Has anyone seen this before? I am ready to pull my hair out after looking at all the settings today.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Specific User's PC unable to load java
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          We have one user who is unable to open any of the forms in our test instances, but can do so in Production. We are at JRE 1.6_27. Obviously our Production and Test instances are on two different servers, which makes me think that it is an internet explorer or java setting that is preventing access to the Java on the test side. The user gets prompted with the "Welcome To Java" installation screen everytime he tries to access it. If he tries to install it, it says it's already installed. Has anyone seen this before? I am ready to pull my hair out after looking at all the settings today.
          What is the different between this machine and other machines?

Have you tried to clean the cache and see if this helps? The same thing for the browser history files.

Can you find any errors in the JRE console window?

Can you reproduce the issue with a different browser on the same machine?

How To View The Java Console And Enable Tracing For Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) [ID 452853.1]
          How to enable tracing and logging for Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) [ID 549423.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Specific User's PC unable to load java
            abeyer
            No differences on the PC's, unless it's an intricate IE setting somewhere. I compared my settings with his all day long today.

Yes, we have cleared both Internet Cache and Java Cache.

The JRE Console window doesn't even get to load because it prompts for install.

We have not tried any other browsers yet.
            • 3. Re: Specific User's PC unable to load java
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Pleas try a different browser and check if you can reproduce the issue then. You may install JRE and see if you can install it from TEST instance.

Also, please make sure you add the application URL to the trusted sites list from the browser.

Thanks,
              Hussein