12 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2012 12:26 AM by amardeep.sidhu RSS

Goldengate Extract abending

Hi

I am working on migration of a two node rac database to Exadata.

Source database Info:
      DB version: 10.2.0.4
      Character set: WE8MSWIN1252

Target Database Info
      Quarter Rack
      DB version: 11.2.0.3
      Character set:WE8MSWIN1252

1) I created a database with character set WE8MSWIN1252 on exadata. Also created the tablespaces as in the source Db.
      2) I installed GoldenGate "V11.2.1.0.1" for Oracle 10g 64bit on HPUX 11.23/11.31 IA64 on Source and Oracle GoldenGate "V11.2.1.0.1" for Oracle 11g on Linux x86-64 on Exadata.
      3) I am getting error: Extract abending and also unable to stop the datapump.

ERROR OGG-00730 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, testext.prm: No minimum supplemental logging is enabled. This may cause extract process to handle key update incorrectly if key column is not in first row piece.

ERROR OGG-01668 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, testext.prm: PROCESS ABENDING.

ERROR OGG-00446 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, testext.prm: The number of Oracle redo threads (3) is not the same as the number of checkpoint threads (1). EXTRACT groups on RAC systems should be created with the THREADS parameter (e.g., ADD EXT <group name>, TRANLOG, THREADS 3, BEGIN...).

WARNING OGG-01223 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, testpump.prm: TCP/IP error 238 (Connection timed out).

4) Parameter file of Extract and datapump

Extract param:
      extract testext
      dboptions allowunusedcolumn
      userid gg_user, password xxxxxxxxx
      tranlogoptions asmuser sys@ASM2, asmpassword xxxxxx
      exttrail /ora/app/oracle/product/goldengate/dirdat/rt
      ddl include mapped
      ddloptions addtrandata
      table GTEST.*;

Datapump Param:

extract testpump
      userid gg_user, password xxxxx
      rmthost xxxxx, mgrport 7809
      rmttrail /u01/app/oracle/product/goldengate/dirdat/rt
      passthru
      table GTEST.*;

Replicat Param:

replicat testrep
      assumetargetdefs
      dboptions allowunusedcolumn
      userid gg_user, password xxxxx
      ddlerror ignoremissingtables
      handlecollisions
      map GTEST.*, target GTEST.*;

I was running a test on schema level replication. Please help me with a solution ASAP.

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
          User11957149-Oracle
          The errors in the report file says you havent yet enabled supplemental logging on the database level yet. Also, if it's RAC, you need to use THREADS when creating the extract.
          • 2. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
            Hi

Thank you for replying.

I enabled supplimental logging. I logged into the database as

GGSCI (ux-db2) 2> dblogin userid gg_user
            Password:
            Successfully logged into database.

GGSCI (ux-db2) 3> add trandata gtest.*

but I am still getting this error. I added looging one more time and it says already logging enabled.

I also added the threads to the extract after getting the error and tried starting the extract but still i am getting the same old thread err ERROR OGG-00446 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, testext.prm: The number of Oracle redo threads (3) is not the same as the number of checkpoint threads (1). EXTRACT groups on RAC systems should be created with the THREADS parameter (e.g., ADD EXT <group name>, TRANLOG, THREADS 3, BEGIN...).

Thank you.
            • 3. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
              User11957149-Oracle
              You need to first enable database level supplemental logging --alter database add supplemental log data. Then switch the log Alter system switch logfile;
              is this a 3-node rac? copy the error here...
              • 4. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
                Hi

It is a two node rac cluster. The supplemental logging error was solved after "-alter database add supplemental log data" but still I am getting the below error.

I altered the Extract group using the follwing command.

"alter extract testext, tranlog, threads 3, begin now"

extract altered.

start extract testext

ERROR OGG-01668 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, testext.prm: PROCESS ABENDING.

ERROR OGG-00446 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, testext.prm: The number of Oracle redo threads (3) is not the same as the number of checkpoint threads (1). EXTRACT groups on RAC systems should be created with the THREADS parameter (e.g., ADD EXT <group name>, TRANLOG, THREADS 3, BEGIN...).

Thanks for replying.
                • 5. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
                  Kamal.Sharma-Oracle
                  Hi,

The error indicates that the extract has not created with threads option. We cannot use the alter statement to add threads to the extract.

Received below error though
                  GGSCI (LAP) 5> alter extract testext, tranlog, threads 3, begin now
                  ERROR: Invalid parameter specified for ALTER EXTRACT.

You need to follow below steps

1) Delete the extract
                  delete extract testext

2) Recreate the extract
                  add extract testext, tranlog, threads 3, begin now
                  add <exttrail/rmttrail> <path>, extract testext

3) Start the extract
                  start extract testext

Thanks,
                  Kamal.
                  • 6. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
                    User11957149-Oracle
                    If it's a 2-node RAC, you should use THREADS 2 when creating the extract. Is there any specific reason you chose 3?
                    • 7. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
                      amardeep.sidhu
                      As mentioned above, it looks like a configuration issue. Create the Extract again with proper options and it should work.
                      • 8. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
                        Hi

I have two node rac. When i checked the threads using thread# from v$log it shows three threads.

Any how we dropped the thread 3. The extract is working fine and it is creating trail files but pump is not able to read and pump it to the remote location.

2012-05-23 11:09:51 INFO OGG-01226 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, pmp1.prm: Socket buffer size set to 27985 (flush size 27985).
                        2012-05-23 11:11:07 WARNING OGG-01223 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, pmp1.prm: TCP/IP error 238 (Connection timed out).

EXTRACT PMP1 Last Started 2012-05-22 16:36 Status RUNNING
                        Checkpoint Lag 00:00:00 (updated 19:35:35 ago)
                        Log Read Checkpoint File /ora/app/oracle/product/goldengate/dirdat/rt000000
                        First Record RBA 0

EXTRACT EXT1 Last Started 2012-05-22 16:01 Status RUNNING
                        Checkpoint Lag 00:00:00 (updated 00:00:06 ago)
                        Log Read Checkpoint Oracle Redo Logs
                        2012-05-23 11:12:51 Thread 1, Seqno 17573, RBA 13732864
                        SCN 1394.1367874065 (5988552284689)
                        Log Read Checkpoint Oracle Redo Logs
                        2012-05-23 11:12:51 Thread 2, Seqno 39708, RBA 10873856
                        SCN 1394.1367874063 (5988552284687)

I tried to stop the pump and I was unable to reason: " pump stop after recovery completes"

Thank you.

Edited by: 935447 on May 23, 2012 8:08 AM
                        • 9. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
                          amardeep.sidhu
                          The extract is working fine and it is creating trail files but pump is not able to read and pump it to the remote location.
                          That could be a network related issue. Can you post the report file of the Extract Pump and parameter file of the target manager.
                          • 10. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
                            It got resolved it was a firewall that was blocking.
                            • 11. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
                              Hi

I am getting these warnings

1) WARNING OGG-01842 CACHESIZE PER DYNAMIC DETERMINATION (32G
                              ) LESS THAN RECOMMENDED: 64G (64bit system)
                              vm found: 52.79G

extact report
                              CACHEMGR virtual memory values (may have been adjusted)
                              CACHESIZE: 32G
                              CACHEPAGEOUTSIZE (normal): 8M
                              PROCESS VM AVAIL FROM OS (min): 52.79G
                              CACHESIZEMAX (strict force to disk): 48G

2) WARNING OGG-03504 Oracle GoldenGate Delivery for Oracle, rep1.prm: NLS_LANG character set AL32UTF8 on the target is different from the source database character set WE8MSWIN1252. Replication may not be valid if the source data has an incompatible character for the target NLS_LANG character set.
                              • 12. Re: Goldengate Extract abending
                                amardeep.sidhu
                                It will be a good idea to start a new thread for a different issue.