1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2012 3:43 PM by Rod West

Future starters in discoverer

sarah_k
      Hello,

Does anyone know can you view future starters in discoverer?

A HR user input an employee record into our HR system today with a start date of 1-JUN-2012. They date tracked forward in the application to 1-JUN-2012 to do this.
      When I now run a report in discoverer I can't see this new employee. Is there anything I can do to bring future starters through onto reports?

Thank you
      Sarah
        • 1. Re: Future starters in discoverer
          Rod West
          Hi,
          Is there anything I can do to bring future starters through onto reports?
          Probably not, but it depends on how the Discoverer report is selecting the current employees from the start and end effective dates in the table. If the report contains a condition based on the current date such as TRUNC(SYSDATE) between effective_start_date and effective_end_date then the current date will always the current effective date and you will need to change this condition in the workbook, folder or database view to see future dated employees.

However, if the report uses an effective date saved in a session parameter and has a condition based on the session parameter such as SYS_CONTEXT('DISCO_CONTEXT', 'EFFECTIVE_DATE') between effective_start_date and effective_end_date then you can run a worksheet to change the current effective date for the session. See this thread for more details (Re: Passing multiple parameters into Custom Folder...

If the report is using the HR effective date stored in FND_SESSIONS and using the apps view PER_ALL_PEOPLE then it is possible to develop a workbook to enable the user to change the current effective date with a PL/SQL function.

Rod West