This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 12:24 AM by user623462 RSS

Charge account issue

user623462 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

While copying old requisition I am getting old requisition charge account though some of strings are made defaulted as per the category choosen.
Could any one suggest how we can make it possible.

Regards,
Prakash
  • 1. Re: Charge account issue
    Mahendra Journeyer
    Can you tell me how you copied a req??

Mahendra
  • 2. Re: Charge account issue
    user623462 Newbie
    Hi Mahendra,
    I am using COPY TO CART button from requisition tab and copy link from requisitioner's home page.

Regards,
    Prakash
  • 3. Re: Charge account issue
    User315731 Pro
    Hi Prakash,
    Modify the following profile as follows :

POR: Generate and Display Account at Checkout = Yes

This optional profile is seeded with value 'No' at install; it can be set at Site, Application, Responsibility or User level.

After enabling this profile, users will see the Charge Account field n the Billing section of Checkout: Requisition Information page.

Setting this profile option to Yes means that the charge account will be generated and displayed on the first checkout page.
    If the user has a default account enabled it will be populated; otherwise an "Enter Charge Account" link will be visible here.

This should help you!

Thanks
    -Arif.
  • 4. Re: Charge account issue
    user623462 Newbie
    Hi Arif,
    This is already set to Yes.So we can see it in billing information section in checout summery page.
    But while copying a old requisition its giving the old requisition charge account though category is deafulted for some other ACCOUNT and SUBACCOUNT.

I mean last year if I would created requisition and that time category was not deafulted for some other ACCOUNT and SUBACCOUNT and this year I have deafulted and if I am copying last year requisition from my home page then its not deafulting with account and subaccount.

Regards,
    Prakash
  • 5. Re: Charge account issue
    User315731 Pro
    Hi Prakash,
    I guess system wont consider last year requisitions since at that time the setup wont exist.
    For all new requisitions since setup exists the defaulting takes place.

In our Oracle applications if new setup is added to the system then we need to create a new transaction rather than modifying the old one.

Thanks
    -Arif.
  • 6. Re: Charge account issue
    Mike F-Oracle Pro
    Hi,

Copy to cart is not going to regenerate the charge account.

These are the triggering fields -

Note 400263.1 - What are the Account Generation Triggering fields for Oracle iProcurement Release: 11.5.10?

The following are the triggering attributes on the distribution to rebuild charge account on distribution.

1.Project
    2.Task
    3.Award
    4.Expenditure Organization
    5.Expenditure Item Date
    6.GL Encumbrance Date

The following are the triggering attributes on the requisition line to rebuild charge account on associated distributions.

1.Deliver to location
    2.Deliver to Organization
    3.Requester
    4.WPI
    5.Operation Sequence Number
    6.Destination Type Code
    7.Subinventory
    8.Vendor
    9.Vendor Site
    10.Document Type
    11.Source Document
    In Oracle iProcurement, charge Account will be rebuilt only if any of the above mentioned Requisition line/Requisition Distribution
    attributes have been changed.

One option might be to use por_custom_pkg to somehow re-default one of those columns - which then would possibly retrigger the account generator.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • 7. Re: Charge account issue
    user623462 Newbie
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for nice explanation.
    Here my question is can we do it by any customization or is it not at all possible while copying requisition.
    Regards,
    Prakash

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points