This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 23, 2012 10:14 AM by Umer RSS

looking for proper SIM card for applet development

Vivien Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I would like to develop some applet on the SIM card. And does anyone know where I can get the proper SIM card?

I have a bit search for test SIM card and blank SIM card, but I am not sure which one can be used for applet development. It seems that Gemalto provides some development suit that includes some sample cards. But the suit is too expensive and maybe I don't need the tools they provide. I don't want to buy the wrong one, so it would be very helpful if any of you has some provider information or links!!

Thanks in advance!!

regards,
  • 1. Re: looking for proper SIM card for applet development
    Umer Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    934624 wrote:
    I would like to develop some applet on the SIM card. And does anyone know where I can get the proper SIM card?
    You should over the internet and should contact different vendors. There are many Chinese companies which can provide you sample cards.
    I have a bit search for test SIM card and blank SIM card, but I am not sure which one can be used for applet development.
    Any Java SIM card can be used for applet development.
    maybe I don't need the tools they provide.
    You do as you will need a tool to install your applet on the SIM card
    I don't want to buy the wrong one, so it would be very helpful if any of you has some provider information or links!!
    Are you just want to write applications or wanna be able to install them too on real cards ? If the purpose is just writing of apps then oracle and ETSI have provided everything, you don't need to buy any additional tool. But yes for dubuging you will need some third party tool or write your own one : -)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points