5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 2:29 AM by user13151163 RSS

about weutil-datablock, webutil-canvas, webutil-window

i am importing data from excel-sheet to my data block.
      everything is well and working perfectly but..

in my form i got a webutil-bata block, a webutil-canvas and a webutil-window ( i don know how it came to my form)
      every time i run form, at first i get webutil-window with the items of webutil-data block on this window instead of my desired window/canvas/datablock which i have created.
      an OK button is there on that webutil-canvas and i have to press it to move ahead in my application to my desired first canvas..

cant i delete all these webutil things ???
      will my app stop reading data from excel-sheet or creat some other trouble to me if i delete all these webutil-things ???
      help me out please ...

thank you.
        • 1. Re: about weutil-datablock, webutil-canvas, webutil-window
          Prabodh
          Webutil cannot just come into your form on its own !

You most probably are reading the file from local disk, and for that you need Webutil. You cannot, in that case, get rid of it.

The Webutil canvas,etc should briefly display and hide on its own if properly setup. Please go though the webutil installation process and the way you include it in your form once again.

Regards.
          • 2. Re: about weutil-datablock, webutil-canvas, webutil-window
            Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim
            Hi Amoeba

u have to mention ur form version pls ...
            in my form i got a webutil-bata block, a webutil-canvas and a webutil-window ( i don know how it came to my form)
            it's from ur webutil library attached to ur form,and ur code is using it could u share it ?
            at first i get webutil-window with the items of webutil-data block on this window instead of my desired window/canvas/datablock which i have created.
            it's a strange form behavior what is version of webutil r u using ?

Regards,

Amatu Allah
            • 4. Re: about weutil-datablock, webutil-canvas, webutil-window
              CraigB
              These objects come from the WebUtil.OLB. They are required objects for WebUtil to work.
              every time i run form, at first i get webutil-window with the items of webutil-data block on this window instead of my desired window/canvas/datablock which i have created.
              Oracle Forms is hierachical - meaning that default processing looks at items as they occur in the Object Navigator. You can programmatically change the order of processing by telling Forms to go to a different Block or Item when a form loads, but it is easier and recommended that you order your objects in the object navigator according to the order you want them processed. I recommend you drag-n-drop your canvas and datablocks so they are the first objects in their respective nodes. For example:
              [-] Data Blocks
                  [+] WEBUTIL
                  [+] YOUR_BLOCK
              [-] Canvases
                  [+] WEBUTIL_CANVAS
                  [+] YOUR_CANVAS
              Should look like this...
              [-] Data Blocks
                  [+] YOUR_BLOCK
                  [+] WEBUTIL
              [-] Canvases
                  [+] YOUR_CANVAS
                  [+] WEBUTIL_CANVAS
              Hope this helps,
              Craig B-)

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.
              • 5. Re: about weutil-datablock, webutil-canvas, webutil-window
                user13151163

Hi All

I have a problem in showing the data when using webutil

the form opened well and a have a button to open the excel sheet

but when i choose the file no data is shown , I couldn't figure the problem

can you help me please