8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2012 9:57 PM by 935013 RSS

Batch Processor, WIA and Inferred entity instances

Hi All,

I'm playing around with the new OPA 10.4. I bumped into an error in What-If-Analysis document when I tried to add a new worksheet for an inferred entity. Is this not possible in WIA? Does it mean it will not work as well with Batch Processor.

Here's my data model:

global
      --- the applicant
      --- --- the qualification
      --- --- --- the exempted course (inferred instances from 'the qualification' attributes)

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
      Jerome
        • 1. Re: Batch Processor, WIA and Inferred entity instances
          Bradtuckett-Oracle
          Jerome wrote:
          I'm playing around with the new OPA 10.4. I bumped into an error in What-If-Analysis document when I tried to add a new worksheet for an inferred entity. Is this not possible in WIA? Does it mean it will not work as well with Batch Processor.
          Just to clarify - by "error" do you mean you couldn't add the worksheet for the inferred entity? That is expected.

Inferred entities will be supported for both the Batch Processor and What-If Analysis in the next release (OPA v10.4.1).
          • 2. Re: Batch Processor, WIA and Inferred entity instances
            Hi Brad,

You are correct I was not able to add it using the "Add Worksheet" button so I tried adding the worksheet manually and that is when I got the error. Also tried it with batch processor, no errors found but did not work.

Is there a possible workaround right now in 10.4 to persist inferred instances in Batch Processor? One more thing, I'm also using 10.2 and have implemented InferencingListener to create instances, would you happen to know if I will bump on the same issue with DSC?

Thanks!

- Jerome
            • 3. Re: Batch Processor, WIA and Inferred entity instances
              Bradtuckett-Oracle
              Jerome wrote:
              Is there a possible workaround right now in 10.4 to persist inferred instances in Batch Processor?
              The Batch Processor will not output any inferred instances in 10.4
              One more thing, I'm also using 10.2 and have implemented InferencingListener to create instances, would you happen to know if I will bump on the same issue with DSC?
              The inferencing listener can only create non-inferred instances, which will be treated the same as any pre-existing instances, meaning you would not encounter the same issue. The only caveat may be if the entity does not have any instances in the input, as this would mean there is nothing with which to map current data to.
              • 4. Re: Batch Processor, WIA and Inferred entity instances
                Frank.Hampshire-Oracle
                Brad Tuckett wrote:
                Jerome wrote:
                Is there a possible workaround right now in 10.4 to persist inferred instances in Batch Processor?
                The Batch Processor will not output any inferred instances in 10.4
                One more thing, I'm also using 10.2 and have implemented InferencingListener to create instances, would you happen to know if I will bump on the same issue with DSC?
                There probably isn't a way of having any entity instances created by an event listener appear in the Batch Processor output for database or CSV.

However, you may be able to set the output to saved sessions. Although this isn't explicitly supported, I would expected that any instances you have created would show up in the exported sessions, which will be xml files in the xds format. This will create one session file for each case.

You can set the output to be exported sessions by using "--export <dir>" in the command line or use the xml configuration for the Batch Processor.

When 10.4.1 is released you should be able to switch to using inferred entities which will be compatible with the Batch Processor.
                • 5. Re: Batch Processor, WIA and Inferred entity instances
                  Thanks Frank and Brad.

I was able to see the generated entity instances of my InferrencingListener from the exported session data in Batch Processor so essentially I can parse that XML and pick up the instances. Only dilemma I have is that I can only set one output at a time in Batch Processor its either a CSV/DB output or the session data. I have some inferred attributes in the container entity instances which are not included in the session data. My thought is that I need to run the batch processor twice to get the desired outcome.

Also, I cannot predict the number of instances to be created by the inferencinglistener so I couldn't explicitly define them in the input CSV. As for 10.2 DSC I couldn't find an option to export the session data. Can you confirm this?

Thank you for your help!

- Jerome
                  • 6. Re: Batch Processor, WIA and Inferred entity instances
                    Frank.Hampshire-Oracle
                    Brad may know more about this, but I dont think there is a session export for the DSC
                    • 7. Re: Batch Processor, WIA and Inferred entity instances
                      Bradtuckett-Oracle
                      frank.hampshire wrote:
                      Brad may know more about this, but I dont think there is a session export for the DSC
                      Frank is correct. Session export is not a feature of the Data Source Connector.
                      • 8. Re: Batch Processor, WIA and Inferred entity instances
                        Hi again! I have imported my inferencinglistener from 10.2 to my 10.4 project and also introduced rule modules on my project. Now I noticed that when I have rule modules on, the event listeners are not working. Would you happen to know if this is a known issue?

Thank you and kind regards,
                        - Jerome