This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 31, 2012 2:18 AM by Greig RSS

UPK Install - location for library on a PC (single user version)

Robert Robinson Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Am setting up UPK 11.1 on a laptop (document library will be there). When I start up the Developer client, the system prompts for the address of the library. It is on the C drive of the PC, but when I enter the path to the library, I see an "Invalid Location Format" error. I have set UPK up on a laptop before; I just can not remember how to locate the spot for the library on the PC.
  • 1. Re: UPK Install - location for library on a PC (single user version)
    Greig Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Robert,

This may be an extremely asinine question, but which installation option did you select when installing UPK 11.1 on your laptop?

There are 4 options (applicable to developer other than Knowledge Center) and some people do confuse them sometimes:
    1. Developer Client
    2. Server
    3. Server and Client
    4. Single User Install

You should be selecting option 4 - Single User Install. To me, it sounds like you installed the Developer Client (which is used in multi-user environments) to connect to a UPK server (where the library resides on the database).

When UPK asks you for the library location, does it gove you an example of the format it requires (i.e. https://server/virtual directory)? If this is the case, then you most certainly have the incorrect "developer" option installed. When creating a new profile in UPK, you are requested to define the library location (whether in a single or multi-user environment). For a single environment you can define any local folder, and for a multi-user install, you will define the virtual directory as defined in the server installation of UPK.

Try and re-install using the Single User Install option and see how it goes?

Hope you get sorted!

Regards,
    Greig

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points