2 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2012 1:39 AM by user258571 RSS

Add custom single listener in cluster configuration

user258571
      Hi,
      i've 2 node, 11.2.0.3 Oracle Cluster.
      I've added a single instance database, then i've modified serverpool so it can relocate to other node.
      I've added a custom vip with crsctl as per note 1457380.1
      Now i want to add a single instance listener to the cluster but srvctl add 2 resource.
      How can i do this?

tnx
        • 1. Re: Add custom single listener in cluster configuration
          Levi Pereira
          842366 wrote:
          Hi,
          i've 2 node, 11.2.0.3 Oracle Cluster.
          I've added a single instance database, then i've modified serverpool so it can relocate to other node.
          I've added a custom vip with crsctl as per note 1457380.1
          Now i want to add a single instance listener to the cluster but srvctl add 2 resource.
          How can i do this?
          It's not clear to me.

What you are trying to do?

Why you are adding custom vip?

What you means with "add a single instance listener"??? to the cluster but "srvctl add 2 resource" ????

Levi Pereira
          • 2. Re: Add custom single listener in cluster configuration
            user258571
            Levi Pereira wrote:
            It's not clear to me.

What you are trying to do?

Why you are adding custom vip?

What you means with "add a single instance listener"??? to the cluster but "srvctl add 2 resource" ????
            I'm trying to create a relocable single instance without using Rac One or script to start/stop.
            Changing serverpool my database can relocate on other node without problems.
            I've created a new vip (customer wants to use this vip instead scan, please don't ask me why!).
            Now i need a listener on this vip but srvctl add 2 local resource instead 1.
            How can i create a new listener that use custom vip in cluster environment the relocate if database relocate?

tnx