6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 8:39 AM by 986519 RSS

Icons in workspace are not displayed

user166758
      Hi there,

after installation of EPM 11.1.2.1 icons in the workspace are not shown correctly.
      In the Explorer window the Icons for folders and documents are missing.

Any ideas?

regards,
      Bernd
        • 1. Re: Icons in workspace are not displayed
          hyperionEPM
          Hello Bernd,

Check if the users in Oracle Database is unlocked and not expired via Oracle DB console only. If they are expired and locked, kindly unlock and not in the expired state.

Restart the system/services if still any issue. Ideally that should resolve the issue. This is a sample of the query that you can run from SQL plus:
          ALTER USER username ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
          You need to make sure that the database is up and running and that all the user's are not expired and are in unlock state.

Thanks
          Saurabh
          • 2. Re: Icons in workspace are not displayed
            Pablo
            check that you have a folder in the following location:
            Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystemX\ReportingAnalysis\RAFrameworkWebApp\media\mt

that's where all the icons should be

Pablo
            • 3. Re: Icons in workspace are not displayed
              Krishna Kumar K P-Oracle
              Have you tried restart all the EPM services, could be a communication issue.
              • 4. Re: Icons in workspace are not displayed
                JWAGS
                I had this same issue a few months ago in my 11.1.2.1 sandbox. Oracle had me do the following due to Weblogic.xml has the wrong path-known issue per them.

Solution:
                Stop the "Reporting and Analysis Framework web application" component,
                - Navigate to <ORACLE>\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\biplus\InstallableApps,
                - Take a backup of the file called raframework.ear,
                - Extract this file in a temporary folder (e.g. using Winzip or 7zip),
                - Navigate to that temporary folder,
                - Extract the file called raframework.war in a temporary folder (e.g. using Winzip),
                - Navigate to that temporary folder,
                - Navigate to the WEB-INF folder,
                - Edit the file named weblogic.xml with a text editor,
                - Locate the below paragraph:
                <virtual-directory-mapping>
                <local-path>C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1/ReportingAnalysis/RAFrameworkWebapp</local-path>
                <url-pattern>/jsp/form/*</url-pattern>
                <url-pattern>/media/mt/*</url-pattern>
                <url-pattern>/media/mt_thumbnails/*</url-pattern>
                </virtual-directory-mapping>

Does the <local-path> tag point to something like "@oracleInstance@/ReportingAnalysis/RAFrameworkWebapp" instead of the real path?

If this is the case, please:

- Replace the value of the <local-path> tag with the actual path to the folder.
                The @oracleInstance@ should be replaced with the path to the EPM instance on the server where the "Reporting and Analysis Framework web application" component is located.
                For your reference, the <local-path> tag is pointing to the below location in my test EPM System 11.1.2.1 environment:
                C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1/ReportingAnalysis/RAFrameworkWebapp
                ('\' or '/' characters do not matter at that point)

- Save and close the file,

- Re-build the raframework.war file so that it includes the modified version of the weblogic.xml file,

- Re-build the raframework.ear file so that it includes the modified version of the raframework.war file,
                Please ensure that both the ear and the war files have their directory structure being built exactly the same way as before such files have been altered. Not following this recommendation would prevent the "Reporting and Analysis Framework web application" component from starting properly,

- Clear the Weblogic temporary location for the "Reporting and Analysis Framework web application" component.
                The actual location to be cleared can be retrieved from the JVMOptionX defining the "-Dweblogic.j2ee.application.tmpDir" parameter accessible at the below Windows Regitry key:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hyperion Solutions\RaFramework0\HyS9RaFramework
                For your reference, this temporary location points to the below location in my test EPM System 11.1.2.1 environment:
                C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\EPMSystem\servers\RaFramework0\tmp

- Start the "Reporting and Analysis Framework web application" component.

- Clear the cache of the web browser,

- Lastly, please ensure that both locations contain the icon files (*.gif):
                <ORACLE>\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\ReportingAnalysis\RAFrameworkWebapp\media\mt
                <ORACLE>\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\ReportingAnalysis\RAFrameworkWebapp\media\mt_thumbnails

Hope this helps you. it resolved my issue
                • 5. Re: Icons in workspace are not displayed
                  This is great information, what should I do if some of the images in media/mt show up and some dont? for instance, /media/mt/ObjBqe.gif displays in workspace but /media/mt/mt_report.gif does not even though the file is present in the directory.
                  • 6. Re: Icons in workspace are not displayed
                    Hello All,

I had this issue after installing 11.1.2.1 EPM with RA, got a feedback from Oracle:

"This issue is likely to occur for the two following reasons:
                    CAUSE A:
                    - The hostname of the server that hosts the Reporting and Analysis Framework component is not defined the same way in the two below locations:
                    . In the EPM Registry GENLEDI005.AEIOU.COM
                    . In the V8_HOST table (found in the 'Reporting and Analysis' database): genledi005.aeiou.com
                    In particular, they need to be defined with the same case in both locations (i.e. either in uppercase in both locations, or in lowercase in both location.

CAUSE B:
                    The OHS's plug-in configuration file (i.e. mod_wl_ohs.conf) does not contain any redirection directive for the Reporting and Analysis Framework web application.
                    Therefore, in response to the above identified causes, could you please implement the below action plan?

Regarding the cause A:

- Stop all services,
                    - Take a full backup of the EPM environment (all servers' file system, and all databases),
                    - On the server that hosts the Reporting and Analysis Framework component, edit the hosts file (located in %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc) with a text editor,
                    - Add the below entry to that file:
                    10.234.55.120 genledi005.aeiou.com GENLEDI005.AEIOU.COM
                    - Save and close the file,
                    - Launch the EPM System Configurator,
                    - Select the task to reconfiguring the database for the 'Reporting and Analysis Framework' component,
                    - When prompted, select to REUSE the tables,
                    - Complete the configuration process.

Regarding the cause B:

- Stop all services (they should not be running due to the steps conducted in above section),
                    - Launch the EPM System Configurator,
                    - Select the task to reconfiguring the web server only,
                    - Select OHS as web server,
                    - Complete the configuration process.

Lastly, start all services and verify whether the issue is fixed by logging in to the Workspace user interface with the admin user.

this solved my issue. Hope it helps.

Tiago