3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 9:52 AM by rootguy RSS

disable Help button

On the front screen of Sun IDM there is a help button next to the logout button. Does anyone know if this can be disabled (i.e. made to not appear) say through message catalogues and if so what the ID for it is?
        • 1. Re: disable Help button
          chapo
          Hi,

To disable the HELP button you need to change bodyStart.jsp.

Look for helpLink.
          • 2. Re: disable Help button
            >
            On the front screen of Sun IDM there is a help button next to the logout button. Does anyone know if this can be disabled (i.e. made to not appear) say through message catalogues and if so what the ID for it is?

Thanks for that. That worked fine. The location of the code to comment out is in includes/bodyStart.jsp:
            845516 wrote:<%= helpLink %>
            This works for the admin page. The user is slightly different. You have to edit this code in user/userHeader.jsp:
            >
            <a title="<%= HtmlUtil.escapeJavascript(openhelp) %>"
            class="MstLnkCen"
            href="javascript:void openHelp('<%= URLUTF8Encoder.encode(pagePath) %>');"><%= help %>
            </a>

>

Edited by: 845516 on 01-Jun-2012 07:58
            • 3. Re: disable Help button
              rootguy
              Continuing along a similar vein, I would like to change the look and feel of the logout and help buttons. Specifically, I'd like to change the borders of these two buttons. Any idea where I can find the definition and customization of these buttons.

Thanks