4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2012 5:10 AM by 940575 RSS

Adding a new mount point in Sun Cluster

Hi Guys,

I need to add a new mount point (along with the existing mount points) in Sun Cluster 3.2.

As far as I know it can be done either by using the "clsetup" utility or by using "clrs set" command.

Now my queries are-

1) Which is a better option to go with. Is it clsetup or clrs set ?

2) Is there any need to change other properties of the resource along with the "FilesystemMountPoints" property ?

3) Do we need to disable any resource or bring the RG to offline state before performing this activity or can it be done while the Apps/DB are running ?

Thanks in Advance.
        • 1. Re: Adding a new mount point in Sun Cluster
          I haven't tried using clsetup to do this as I would always use clrs. You should be able to simply perform:

# clrs set -p FileSystemMountPoints+=<new_MP> <resourceName>

You should not have to change anything else because the dependencies are through the resource name, not the mount points. As far as I recall, you should be able to perform this task online, without taking anything offline or disabling resources. It should be documented in the manual, but currently isn't so I'll mention it to the docs people.

Tim
          ---
          • 2. Re: Adding a new mount point in Sun Cluster
            Thanks a lot for your inputs Tim.

This is the first time I am working on cluster, so bit nervous about it.

Anyways, I will let you know the results of the activity soon.

Regards,
            MK
            • 3. Re: Adding a new mount point in Sun Cluster
              HartmutStreppel
              What Tim describes, works well, even if the resource is online.

If you use the wrong parameters, you can shoot yourself in the foot, though. At least I've done this, when I did not think about what I really wanted to achieve. Just adding a FS is simple.
              Hartmut
              • 4. Re: Adding a new mount point in Sun Cluster
                Hi All,

I performed this activity last week and everything went smoothly.

Since I was working on cluster for the first time I had taken downtime just to be on safer side.

Thank you all for your suggestions. It helped me a lot.

Regards,
                MK