10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2012 7:04 AM by rrenji83

Problem with PO Output for Communication

Lena Kudahl
      Hi,
      i have a problem with the pdf in R12.1.3. The rtf file we have is used in R11.5.10 and is working properly but after we sat up the R12 environment and we started the testing we can now see that the system don't create any pdf documents in View Document or when we sending email to supplier.

When we check the log we just get the error message "genDoc() : Exceptionjava.lang.Exception: Error while generating PDF :null
      java.lang.Exception: Error while generating PDF :null"

Any one having an idéa on what it could be. Is there major changes between R11 and R12 when it comes to BI Publisher.

Thanks in advance!

Lena Kudahl
        • 1. Re: Problem with PO Output for Communication
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl check the OPP log file for additional error messages/codes. Log file will be named $INST_TOP/logs/appl/conc/log/FNDOPP99999.txt

Enabling debug may also help. See - R12 How To Generate The XML And OPP Debug Log For PO Output For Communication? [ID 1401101.1]

Pl see if these MOS Docs can help

PO Output For Communication Completes With Error In R12.1.2 [ID 1084372.1]     
          PO Output For Communication Errs For Pre-Upgrade POs Java.Lang.Exception: PDF: null [ID 1067529.1]     

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Problem with PO Output for Communication
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            i have a problem with the pdf in R12.1.3. The rtf file we have is used in R11.5.10 and is working properly but after we sat up the R12 environment and we started the testing we can now see that the system don't create any pdf documents in View Document or when we sending email to supplier.
            Is the issue with this specific program or with all programs?
            When we check the log we just get the error message "genDoc() : Exceptionjava.lang.Exception: Error while generating PDF :null
            java.lang.Exception: Error while generating PDF :null"

Any one having an idéa on what it could be. Is there major changes between R11 and R12 when it comes to BI Publisher.
            Please see the solution in (Notify Pdf Error To Buyer When Emailing A Po In Pdf Format [ID 1215654.1]).

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: Problem with PO Output for Communication
              Lena Kudahl
              Thanks Srini,
              but sad to say i had already checked the XDO: Numeric Characters and the ICX: Numeric Characters and they are buth set with value.
              ICX: Numeric Characters is set to 10,000.00 and XDO: Numeric Characters is set to use ICX: Numeric Characters.

This didn't help, sorry!

I guess we have to regenerate the whole rtf file in order to make it work. I haven't seen andy notes that have helped so far and since it's a customized PO pdf we have to solve it ourself - i guess.

Thanks for your replay
              Lena
              • 4. Re: Problem with PO Output for Communication
                Lena Kudahl
                Hi Hussein,
                see my answer to Srini. You both hade the same solution

Thanks
                Lena
                • 5. Re: Problem with PO Output for Communication
                  Srini Chavali-Oracle
                  Pl enable debug as per 1401101.1 to capture additional details and post them here

HTH
                  Srini
                  • 6. Re: Problem with PO Output for Communication
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    Lena,

Have you reviewed these docs?

How To Diagnose Generation Problems When Running 'PO Output for Communication' Report [ID 1063574.1]
                    How To Diagnose Issues Within PO Output for Communication PDF Printing [ID 406094.1]
                    How To Diagnose Faxing PDF Documents Via Purchase Order Approval in Oracle Purchasing In R12 and 11.5.10 [ID 763220.1]

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 7. Re: Problem with PO Output for Communication
                      Lena Kudahl
                      Hi Srini,
                      i would love to give you the result but i am sorry i don't know how to attache these two files i do have. Can you give me a clue? :-)

Regards, Lena
                      • 8. Re: Problem with PO Output for Communication
                        Mike F -Oracle
                        Hi Lena,

Upon upgrading to release 12.1.3, the views used are not proper and cause issues.

This is fixed in Patch 10388305:R12.PO.B.

There are a few critical issues when moving to 12.1.3 -

Note 1358356.1 - Recommended Patches for Purchase Order and Requisition Processing

This note outlines some of the top issues - and recommends the patches.

The exception however does seem to point to the ICX and XDO Numeric profiles. Please ensure these are set at the site level.

Another common cause for this type of failure could be related to special characters - although it would show a message like this usually -
                        genDoc() : PoPDFExceptionoracle.apps.po.communicate.PoPDFException: PO_PDF_XML_FAILED
                        oracle.apps.po.communicate.PoPDFException: PO_PDF_XML_FAILED

If you are seeing this - there is the following note -

Note 1346198.1 - PO Output For Communicate Failed With ORA-31061

This note describes how certain database versions (with a specific patch) can have an event set in the init.ora file which will allow the xml parser to
                        take action against special characters. Its a nice alternative to having to debug the PO Output for communication.

This note is very good - having screen prints - of how to debug the OPP - from a purchasing perspective.

Note 1401101.1 - R12 How To Generate The XML And OPP Debug Log For PO Output For Communication?

Hope these help.

Thanks,
                        Mike
                        • 9. Re: Problem with PO Output for Communication
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          i would love to give you the result but i am sorry i don't know how to attache these two files i do have. Can you give me a clue? :-)
                          Upload the files to any free hosting website and post the link here.

Thanks,
                          Hussein
                          • 10. Re: Problem with PO Output for Communication
                            rrenji83
                            Hi Lena,
                            From the Purchasing Super User Responsibility navigate to Setup --> Purchasing --> Document Types. It opens a Web page, click on the update(Yellow Pencil Icon) for the Type of Purchase Order.(Say for example Standard Purchase Order) & It opens to another web page, In the approval enable the "Can Change Forward-To" Check box & Apply.

I hope it will resolve the problem for you. Please try & revert.

Thanks,
                            Ranjith