8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2012 9:19 PM by Michael Ferrante-Oracle

FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally

I faced the error:
      FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally.
      Contact your system administrator.
      Details .....
      Forms session ID is formsapp.495

Form : Oralce Fusion 11g
      DB : Oracle 10g

I recently refreshed this DB and complied all forms, menus.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

HI,

I am new to Forms and any pointer is greatly appreciated.

This is what happened to me.

The issue arises in the DEV box. I recently had a DB refresh to the DEV DB.

Moved all Prod Forms and PLL to DEV (as there where few changes not available in DEV that was in PROD)

I recompiled all libraries and then Forms and receive the error when i log into the application. There is one PLL that was changed if I revert the change the error goes but none of the buttons work on the landing page also the Landing form will not get compiled without the new PLL. I am so confused.

Edited by: 936047 on Jun 5, 2012 7:52 AM
        • 1. Re: FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally
          Lars Sjöström
          I get that when I change forms on the run so to speak. WHen does the error occur?
          So, the application server might have to be restarted. And then you pray that the forms version and the app server version works together...
          • 2. Re: FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally
            Moh
            Hi All,

I have same problem and I want to avoid Time out error in Forms 11.1.1.6. I get error after 1 or 2 hours inactive session(s), and see following error message:
            FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally.

any idea?

Best Regards,
            Moh
            • 3. Re: FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally
              Lars Sjöström
              That sounds like a timeout config issue. Raise a timeout somewhere...
              • 4. Re: FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally
                Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                This error really means nothing helpful as far as troubleshooting is concerned, so everyone trying to hijack this thread saying they get the same error will not be offering any assistance. This error simply means that the Forms runtime process (frmweb) has crashed (or never started). That is it. Why it crashed can only be determined by doing some investigation.

<blockquote>
                1. What was the enduser doing when the crash occurred? And related to that action, what does it do? In other words, if they clicked a button and it crashed, what does that button do?

2. Were the application modules created on the machine where they are running? Meaning did you compile the forms (menus and libraries) on the machine where FMw is installed? If not, you need to do so. Moving them from one machine to another is not recommended.

3. Did this ever work correctly? If yes, what has changed? Do not say "nothing". Something has changed if it was working yesterday, but stopped working today. You need to figure out what it is that has changed.

4. Did you set FORMS_TIMEOUT to a value smaller than HEARTBEAT?

5. Are there Forms dump files in the forms\trace directory? If so, do they offer a clue as to what happened? These files would be in the INSTANCE_HOME\FormsComponent\forms\trace</blockquote>

This is just an example of some questions which you need to answer for yourself in order to understand what happened and how to fix it. There will be many other questions that might need answers, but you will generally start here.
                • 5. Re: FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally
                  HI,

I am new to Forms and any pointer is greatly appreciated.

This is what happened to me.

The issue arises in the DEV box. I recently had a DB refresh to the DEV DB.

Moved all Prod Forms and PLL to DEV (as there where few changes not available in DEV that was in PROD)

I recompiled all libraries and then Forms and receive the error when i log into the application. There is one PLL that was changed if I revert the change the error goes but none of the buttons work on the landing page also the Landing form will not get compiled without the new PLL. I am so confused.
                  • 6. Re: FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally
                    Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                    All of the application's modules (fmb, mmb, pll) need to be generated into "X" files on the machine where they will be running. The X files are not portable. In most cases, if you are finding that the form displays but clicking on buttons does nothing except show the image of the button being pressed, this usually occurs when you have moved an X file (FMX, MMX, PLX) from one machine to another. Usually Windows to Linux or Linux to Windows. Regardless, you can't do that.

In any case, as mentioned, it sounds like you need to recompile everything on the machine where it will be run. If that doesn't help, then I refer you back to my last post.
                    1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally
                      Thanks Mike,

I get your point. But the confusing part is that when I compile the new PLL and the corresponding landing form then try to access the system, the application is throwing the same error. I know this is not making any logical sense but this is what I am facing.
                      • 8. Re: FRM-93652: The runtime process has terminated abnormally
                        Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                        If you are seeing the runtime crash, look in the forms\trace directory. In many cases you will find crash dump files. Review the contents of them if any exist. Likely they will offer a tip as to why the failure might be occuring. Also, if I didn't already mention it, it is important that when you generate your X files that you use the compile_all=yes option. If you are generating from the Builder, you can find the compile_all option under Program > Compile PL/SQL > All. After doing this choose File > Save. Then generate the X file - Program > Compile Module. Do this for all modules (fmb, mmb, pll). This will help to create the most stable application possible.