5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2012 1:59 AM by EJP RSS

exe file for java swing application

Hi,

Is there any launcher / bootstrap to launch a swing application ,where the jars need to be import to the local machine from remote repository if the version of the jar is updated the invoke the main method in the jar.

I tried with maven / apache avalon framework. But it is not working.
        • 1. Re: exe file for java swing application
          EJP
          You have just described Java Web Start, which is bundled with the JDK.
          • 2. Re: exe file for java swing application
            Dear EJP,

I think you did nt get my question.

Current system.
            I am using ant build tool to build my client side jar.
            The main method in the ABC.class is invoked to launch the application.
            Jar will be generated in the local machine and the jar name is included in the class path to launch the application.

My requirement.

The newly built jar will be kept at a centralized location . I need launcher which will check the version of the jar in the centralized location with the jar in the local location and import the latest one to the local if updated and will invoke the main method of ABC.class to invoke the application of the imported jar.Otherwise it will invoke the main method from the OLD jar.

I need this because the jar is to copied to the users' machine manually whenever a change is implemented.
            • 3. Re: exe file for java swing application
              EJP
              I think you did not get my question.
              On the contrary, it is you who did not get my answer. JWS does exactly what you have described. If you don't agree, please state in what respects JWS does not meet your requirement.
              • 4. Re: exe file for java swing application
                Hey.....

Sorry i dint get your point earlier...

THANKS A LOT BUDDY......
                • 5. Re: exe file for java swing application
                  EJP
                  Thank you. Another time when you are given exactly the right answer perhaps you won't be so trigger-happy.